Did Kuying just copy Major Craft's Troutino Stream rod?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Did Kuying just copy Major Craft's Troutino Stream rod?

Post by Craigthor » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:14 am

Awfully similar looking, the Major Crafts looks pretty clean over the Kuying

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 am

I don't think so. These short handle rods with the blank inserted into the handle have been on Aliexpress for ages from a number of rod brands. The Majorcraft is a conventional 2 pc rod as well. There are Major Craft copy cat rods out there. I had a Tsrulinoya Elite that was nearly identical to a Volkey 65UL and the Kuying Conqueror rods look really similar to the Major Craft Corzza rods and also include a L BFS model.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:37 pm

The bend in the tip of the Teton is nuts. It's rated up to 7g, does anyone think it would have enough power to get good hooksets on thin-wire jigheads?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:06 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. Everything from the land of Kuying is built using the I.P. of legitimate companies like Major Craft and Daiwa. Not to knock anyone for buying Kuying, Tsurinoya, Ray's Studio, and others, but that's why I avoid them and the litany of other rip off products that come from China.
This is the way.