Picked up some new spoons...

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Picked up some new spoons...

Post by Craigthor » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Well... not really picked up but just arrived from Japan. The 2 on the left are a Smith Edge Diamond 3g spoon and the next is a Daiwa Crusader 4g spoon. These are a few test spoons from Smith that I wanted to check out. Three of them are 5g spoons with the last one 6.5g. Smith also makes these in 3 and 4g versions and am awaiting an order from Israel for them.

I usually fish my spoons barbless but I don’t currently have hooks large enough on hand so will have to get some on a future order.

Popfly
Angler
Angler

Re: Picked up some new spoons...

Post by Popfly » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Nice mix, let us know how they do. I have some 2g & 3g Forest spoons I bought off Amazon.jp & did very well with them on Bluegill & Spotted bass over the summer.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Popfly wrote:Nice mix, let us know how they do. I have some 2g & 3g Forest spoons I bought off Amazon.jp & did very well with them on Bluegill & Spotted bass over the summer.
Should be great, I fish as low as 0.8g and up to 4g so far. My rod is rated from 1-7g so going to give it a work out.

Reservoir
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reservoir » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Wow, that’s some really sweet looking spoon. How long did it take for it to arrive?

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Reservoir wrote:Wow, that’s some really sweet looking spoon. How long did it take for it to arrive?
About 2 weeks from day of order, EMS would have been faster.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Added a few more spoons to the collection. Will be adding some more smaller ones once that they become available.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Photographs are great!

They never do the full justice on spoons. One needs to see it in person to really really appreciate it.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish