Shimano Soare BB Ajing S610LS

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Wpeart7
Angler
Angler

Shimano Soare BB Ajing S610LS

Post by Wpeart7 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 am

Just wanted to preface with this place has been instrumental in costing me money for my interest in UL fishing :lol:

I've always enjoyed UL fishing but after finally slowing down somewhat on my big swimbait craze which lasted the last few years I went in the complete opposite direction and got back into doing a lot of UL fishing. After some research I decided to invest in a quality UL combo of a Daiwa Luvias 1003 and picked a Shimano Soare BB Ajing rod, the S610LS model to go with it. I can't say enough good stuff about this rod. So far I've probably caught over 70 largemouth, bluegill and redbreast with it and yesterday even landed a 6lb Mudfish with no issues. It's a solid tip rod and is amazingly sensitive. Super light in the hand and also casts everything from 1/8oz Roostertails down to a 1/64 trout magnet and grub well. It's rated as a "Light" but by American standards I'd say it's still an extra fast UL action. I've used UL rods from Loomis and St Croix that were in the same (or higher) price range and this rod absolutely blows them away.

I have no idea why Shimano doesn't offer this rod in the US. If you took one of these out and let serious bluegill or trout guys try it I think they'd immediately trade away their domestic rods in a heartbeat.

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Shimano Soare BB Ajing S610LS

Post by ultralight » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Great to hear your feedback. And that's not even a 'ultra' high-end JDM rod. I do think that it is possible that eventually, the JDM rods will force US manufacturers to change how they make their rods.

The stuff that Alphahawk and others are getting are about 20% lighter. (Weight to power ratio is one of the major factors to sensitivity, all things being equal though they seldom are fully equal.) And if you build custom, you can go 50-60% lighter than that.

I note that the lure range of 0.5-12 grams is extremely wide which means, I would guess, that it has a stout bottom half - more stout than the stuff that most UL JDMs that are being reviewed on this site.