Kuying TopCaster Rod review X2

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Kuying TopCaster Rod review X2

Post by LowRange » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:08 am

uljersey wrote:
earthworm77 wrote:Agreed, I wouldn't touch any of those cheap Chinese reels, I don't have the same confidence they would be as good as the rods. Zero confidence in fact.
I got $45 invested in a Tsurinoya XF 50 reel. It's toyish without a doubt, but the tinkerer in me likes a challenge ... it casts just a tad beyond "OK" out of the box, I'm gonna give it the thorough once over at my workbench and see what I can squeeze out of it. I have a fair degree of confidence I'll make something decent out of it. Will it be on par with Daiwa or Shimano ? ... hell no, but I'm not ready to condemn it yet.
Unlike the Kuying branded chineasium reels that one is a well liked platform. It may not be the longest casting BFS reel but is is supposedly well controlled and well suited to UL baits thanks to the controlled albeit heavier spool. To beat that reel you're looking at a $30 Black Max 3 Momo spool, $16 in DIY spool bearings all in a $40 BM3 that will cast all the line off the spool if you go above an 1/8 oz Beetle Spin. The XF50 is a pretty good value at $50ish dollars.