A custom handle for ultralight fishing, which one better?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

A custom handle for ultralight fishing, which one better?

Post by wirinhar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Hi guys,

Will you consider a spinning custom handle such as livre handles (Wing92/39grams, 80/38grams, 72/37.7grams) which is 2x more weight than the original spinning reel handle???

Also will you prefer a longer or shorter handle for the ultra light or light fishing?.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
WW

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: A custom handle for ultralight fishing, which one better?

Post by nctrucker » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm

what reel are we enhancing? some are fine/excellent as is. some need a little help.
i like stradic 2000's as they are. my cardinal 3's and 4's have been given bigger handles and metal spools.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: A custom handle for ultralight fishing, which one better?

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:53 pm

wirinhar wrote:Hi guys,

Will you consider a spinning custom handle such as livre handles (Wing92/39grams, 80/38grams, 72/37.7grams) which is 2x more weight than the original spinning reel handle???

Also will you prefer a longer or shorter handle for the ultra light or light fishing?.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
WW
I’ve been researching double handles for a couple of years now. I guess what has kept me from getting one is the cost......along with the fact will it do what many of the articles I’ve read suggest it will do. If it upped my sensitivity.....as is the claim.....I would get one tomorrow. But I have never talked to anyone who has tested one out and had an opinion on sensitivity. I think for those who back reel using an UL it should give you better balance and smoother operation. It’s like everything else involving this JDM road I have gone down.....I’m just going to have to eventually buy one so I will know and can speak to what it does and or does not do.

Regards