Daiwa Aird X 5’6” UL Spinning rod

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa Aird X 5’6” UL Spinning rod

Post by gillchaser » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:36 am

I got my new Daiwa UL rod yesterday. It’s an Aird X 5’6” UL spinning rod. Daiwa doesn’t list it on there Aird X page , but they’re available if you search around . It’s a AIRDX56ULFS .
I sometimes like a shorter rod for fishing soft plastics for LM bass . Particularly plastic worms . I fish them from straight with a small jighead to wacky style . And this rod works great for me .
I matched it up today with a fairly new Daiwa Fuego 2000 loaded with 6# Silverthread an40 .
With a 1/16th jighead and the front half a Zoom trick worm , I manage to hook six LM’s this morning out of the overfished town pond . Most were caught wacky style today . I also hook the worm Ned style sometimes.
I like the rod . Casts are easy to make and accuracy was excellent with this rig .
It fishes similar to the Daiwa Triforce 5’6” I spoke of recently. Nice rods that fit a purpose for me and do the job well . Gillchaser

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Aird X 5’6” UL Spinning rod

Post by LowRange » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:53 pm

Those Arid X rods are sharp looking and I like the carbon fiber X wrap. I haven't held an Arid since the goofy orange ones. They have changed a lot.