7'-8' Casting rod?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 7'-8' Casting rod?

Post by LowRange » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:44 pm

1nutinthewater wrote:1/8-1/4 oz bobber
I use 6# Fireline ulta , 4# leader # 10 wooly bugger, one tiny split shot.
Yes, the Teton would work fine for this if it was just longer. Looking forward to the arrival of the new rod.....
You'll like the 762L Leadership then. It can launch an 1/8 oz anything into low earth orbit.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 pm

LowRange wrote:
1nutinthewater wrote:1/8-1/4 oz bobber
I use 6# Fireline ulta , 4# leader # 10 wooly bugger, one tiny split shot.
Yes, the Teton would work fine for this if it was just longer. Looking forward to the arrival of the new rod.....
You'll like the 762L Leadership then. It can launch an 1/8 oz anything into low earth orbit.
Excellent! It shipped today so I should have it within a week or two.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:30 pm

The 762L Leadership arrived today- Excellent quality- no imperfections and rod feels great. Mounted a Tatula equipped with BFS spool and 6# Fireline Ultra 8. This rod launches 1/4 oz further then I need quite easily.
Will see how it feels on 3-4# trout later in the week.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:32 am

1nutinthewater wrote:The 762L Leadership arrived today- Excellent quality- no imperfections and rod feels great. Mounted a Tatula equipped with BFS spool and 6# Fireline Ultra 8. This rod launches 1/4 oz further then I need quite easily.
Does it fit the bill? Is it the rod you were looking for?

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:02 am

LowRange wrote:
1nutinthewater wrote:The 762L Leadership arrived today- Excellent quality- no imperfections and rod feels great. Mounted a Tatula equipped with BFS spool and 6# Fireline Ultra 8. This rod launches 1/4 oz further then I need quite easily.
Does it fit the bill? Is it the rod you were looking for?
Not sure yet until i take it for a test drive on the water instead of in the pasture- will let you know.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu May 30, 2019 11:52 am

No unfortunately the rod is way to firm- Closer to a steel head rod than a trout rod. Just put it on the for sale page......

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:50 pm

1nutinthewater wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:52 am
No unfortunately the rod is way to firm- Closer to a steel head rod than a trout rod. Just put it on the for sale page......
Since there are not too many people chiming in here I will throw out some options and you can do with them what you will. From what you describe, your throwing between 4.5 and 8.5 grams total weight.

I have already mentioned in another thread the Fishman Beams inte 7.9UL. You can look it up and review some of the video's showing it in use to determine if it has the right action for the application you describe.

A more interesting rod is the FXB-TS79UL Tres SABIO. There is some good video on this rod showing the action. Extra points for this rod maker NGAF and showcasing a smoker. :shock: I think thier mascot on the butt plate is even smoking (no pun intended). :lol:

Reviewing a few of the video's, this rod look's to me to have a deep "trout rod" action.

http://www.inxlabel.com/product/419.html

Beware...Japanese top quality and price to go along with it.