New Daiwa UL rods available in USA 2018

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

New Daiwa UL rods available in USA 2018

Post by gillchaser » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:07 am

For those of us who look for bargains in what’s easily available here in the USA .
Got to searching around and found a list of the new rods expected to come out this fall .
Looks like a new line of Spinmatics with a full listing of UL lengths . I’ve owned a few Spinmatics and although I liked the way they fished , Ive had several break on me . They seemed fragile . Hopefully these new ones are more durable .
Next it looks like a 5’6” UL will be offered in the Crossfire line . And the 5’6” will still be offered in the Triforce line.
The other rod that caught my eye was the 7’ light offered in the Procyon line . 4-10# line 1/16-3/8th . It’s also offered in a 6’ and 6’6” as a light . The shorter ones are 4-8# line 1/16-1/4 lure weight . All three will be offered in a one piece and a two piece rod .
The Presso lineup will still be available, but looks unchanged .
I found a 7’ light 2piece offered for sal already and ordered one . I’ll let you know how it fishes . Gillchaser
Last edited by gillchaser on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Daiwa UL’s for Sale in USA 2018

Post by 1nutinthewater » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:08 pm

Any links to this?
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:15 am

Sorry no links . It’s against the forum rules .
Just google “ new Daiwa Rods 2018 “ that’ll take you to Daiwa’s Page , choose freshwater and it’ll give you a list of all of the rods that are going to bre available this year . Gillchaser

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:22 am

Thank you!
I still have not found any decent USA made light casting rods designed for trout fishing.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 am

I’m more of a spinning tackle person , but I do own a couple baitcasters and tried the light/ultralight thing with my Daiwa Lexa . The only commercially made rod I found was a cheap fiberglass composite Daiwa Sweepfire . Not a bad little rod , but definitely nothing fancy .
So, I had my custom rod builder , build me one using a 5’3” fast UL Spinning blank. It turned out pretty sweet . I can cast 1/8 Spinnerbaits pretty good with it and some small cranks . Inline spinners would probably cast pretty good .
Gillchaser

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:39 am

Here’s a quick picture of my BC rod with a Daiwa Exceler reel that casts pretty good with lighter baits . I use 6# line on the BC’s . I tried 4# but i had a issue with the thin 4# I was using getter behind the spool . Gillchaser

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Daiwa UL rods available in USA 2018

Post by gillchaser » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:41 pm

The 7’ Daiwa Light action Procyon came in yesterday . Came in a box that was cut and out back together in the middle to adjust for length . Box looked like it’d been folded over a couple of times . Not good .
Opened it up and the rod end is wrapped and box is packed full of those air bogs . Didn’t matter , two inches of the top of the bottom section was completely token off . I wonder how the thick section broke , but the tip tapped to the other section was intact. I think the rod was broken before it was packed .
Anyways , I packed it back up , requested a return for refund , and took it to the local post office .
Some folks just don’t know how to pack a rod for shipping .
On a brighter note , I found a 5’6” Daiwa Aird X UL spinning rod . I hope it survives the shipping . Gillchaser