Trout casting rod.

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Trout casting rod.

Post by earthworm77 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:43 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
earthworm77 wrote:Trout rods......not my preferred cup of tea as I like the BFS stuff but I do own one.

I have a Kuying Teton trout baitcaster. It is a decent little cranking rod for tiny stuff. That said, I am throwing Lucky Craft RC .5's on my BFS Volkey's with ease and those baits are about 1/4oz.
I miss those MC rods! But I'm glad you got them, because I know you use and appreciate them.
I absolutely adore those Volkey's and yes, I totally appreciate them. I wish I could find more, I'd switch most of my other MC's and Dobyn's over to them.

Just a note on another MC rod from the past, I picked up a 6-8 Beneyro MH C on ebay for like 50.00 a while back, my intention was to make it an inshore redfish rod. I teamed it up with a Curado 51e and a tremendous 110mm power handle. I took a 6lb largemouth on it yesterday while snook fishing and have used it to chuck spinnerbaits for bass as well........great rod. I kind of lose track of all of the series and models MC has made but they make some good ones.