BFS/Light gear reviews

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

BFS/Light gear reviews

Post by 1nutinthewater » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Ok lots of older data but I thought I would start a new thread to put together real live reviews on what you have and your thoughts/feelings are on what you have purchased recently. Good or bad- what have you purchased in the last year and would you recommend or not?

Mine- First ever purchase of a bfs reel was a calcutta conquest bfs hg which i really like- Never have been fond of round reels but this small reel is so smooth and works like a precision instrument with not funny sounds or feeling in hand. Extremely smooth and great for casting light gear paired with an Edge 622 rod. I use it strictly for trout fishing where i am throwing hardware from the boat on lakes.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: BFS/Light gear reviews

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:09 am

My BFS reels were put together utilizing available spools. For instance, I have a Scorpion XT1000 with a 32mm Yumeya spool, and a 09Aldebaran MG with a honeycomb Avail spool. I also utilize a Conquest50 as a light bait reel, as well as a Curado 50E. I recently acquired a Abu LV7, which is a JDM reel, and a Lews Team Lite, as well as a Lews Mag Lite that is on the way to me currently. Of course, I live in S FL and as most of "our" BFS is pretty much 8-12lb mono diam lines, so these reels get the job done quite well using small poppers and jerkbaits.
<")))><{

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: BFS/Light gear reviews

Post by 1nutinthewater » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Kuying Teton 662 came in today. After looking it over very carefully I am impressed!
Eyes are perfect and overall quality appears very good for a $60 rod.
Tried on a few tatulas and finally settled on a chronarch mgl for the first trip. casted very well spooled with 8# sufix throwing a 1/4 oz spoon.
Feels good in hand & cannot wait to land a few big trout and put it through the test.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish