Daiwa Tatula Lt

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Tatula Lt

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:51 am

1nutinthewater wrote:Fished the reel hard over the last 4 days- compared to the Ballistic and stradic that were also along for he trip I am disappointed in the tatula. The others are much smoother. I may tear into it for a clean and lube or just sell it.
That's odd, doesn't the Tatula basically mirror the Ballistic internally???

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 am

After several trips using this reel I would now say it is comparable to both the stradic and ballistic. I no longer notice any difference between the 3. All are fairly smooth on the retrieve but have a noticeable rubbing feeling during fast retrieval.
I realize that I am super finicky and the calcutta conquest bfs hg has ruined me for life.....
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am

Quick update on my ballistic LTs:

The 4k is butter out of the box, and remains buttery after a dozen surf trips.

The 2500 was not as smooth out of the box, and remained "dry" "raspy" on the retrieve after a dozen freshwater yak trips...nothing terribly significant, but compared to the 4k it's noticeably rougher.

Picked up a 2000 sized tatula LT for the Phenix Feather light, it's a perfect match size wise. Haven't fished it yet, feels somewhere in between the 4k and 2500 ballistic out of the box.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:14 am

"dry" That is the word I have been looking for when discussing spinning reels- They have that feeling during fast retrieval. Never have opened them up for maintenance as they all are fairly new. Time to give it a try. :shock:
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Raspy is the word for me. Like the spinning reel has been smoking a pack a day since it was in high school. Only VERY faintly feel that with my Stradic's at high speed retrieve without load. The 2 Abu's I have left are grease loaded so they don't do it. Actually the bad reports I have seen on Abu spinners ($150+) are because grease seems to get into the AR clutch and cause it to spin backwards.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 am

Still in search of a spinning reel that I can say is super smooth and get rid of all the others that I have and am not pleased with.
I really dont want to step up to the Exist/Stella level but tired of wasting $ on reels that I am not satisfied with.

I know most love the stradic and i have 6 at the moment and every year or two have real issues with one and send it back to shimano for repairs but they end up just replacing it with a new model so the cycle continues...

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:38 pm

1nutinthewater wrote:Still in search of a spinning reel that I can say is super smooth and get rid of all the others that I have and am not pleased with.
I really dont want to step up to the Exist/Stella level but tired of wasting $ on reels that I am not satisfied with.

I know most love the stradic and i have 6 at the moment and every year or two have real issues with one and send it back to shimano for repairs but they end up just replacing it with a new model so the cycle continues...
Have you considered the Daiwa Luvias? I think they are the best “made in Japan “ reel for the money. I torture tested one for almost 5 years of UL angling 3-5 days a week with only doing drag maintenance just to see how long it would hold up. Still like the day I took it out of the box......I now own 3 Luvias....the 2012 lineup and 2 of the 2015 lineup. My nephew just purchased 3 of the 2015 2004H models and wonders why he waited so long to make the move from the Stradic Ci4+.

Regards

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:01 pm

Never tried the Luvias. Might give it a try one day.