Good Small to Micro Cranks

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Good Small to Micro Cranks

Post by timinmo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:54 pm

I do not know if this is a nation wide program or not but the sporting goods store I work at in the St. Louis area received assortments from Pradco. I know in most circles Pradco is not well thought of but they own many major brands including Cotton Cordell, Rebel, Heddon, Bandit and I'm sure others that I can't think of right now. Where this ties in with the current discussion is many of these lures are in the ultralight class. Ours are all marked $1.99 or $2.99, not your normal high dollar lures. In the boxes we got there are ultralight Jitterbugs, Hulapoppers, Cotton Cordell version of Rattle traps as well as some others, oh Zara puppies. Anyway if you get the chance to stop by your local tackle shop look around for these boxes not all the lures are ultra light some are regular sized lures, but there are some ultralight versions of lures that I have never seen.

jigmaster5
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jigmaster5 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:23 am

DirtyD64 wrote:I have bought about 4 of each Yo-Zuri Pin's Minnows in sinking from our Wal-Mart. Just have a huge rack of them for some reason. Are they normally expensive? These are like $4.8
I've seen them as high as $9.99 at BPS, so $4.80 is a good deal.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:07 am

We must just have a decent Wal-Mart or no one else buy the fishing stuff. Bought a ton of the Zara Puppies for 50 cents a piece. Have a whole section of a tacke box full... Upgraded them with some decent small trebeles, but have never caught a single fish with one. Just not really a topwater fan here, even though when I do get it working, it's bliss.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:52 am

I realized sometime after I made my above post about the Pradco assortments that I did not include the fact that there are several small crankbaits in those boxes. Cotton Cordell Super Spots, and CC Shad, Rebel Teeny Wak-R and some of their minnow type baits. I'm sure that I am forgetting some stuff but it is all a deal.

waterone
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by waterone » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:25 pm

Pradco, or whatever their called this year, is apparently moving some old stock, and also s9me of their last years stock as well. This has been a practice fir decades, butbth3 markdowns are apparently more drastic this year.

BTW, they also bought out Arbogast 10-15 years ago, so as someone mentioned, 3/16 Hula Poppers and 1/8 Jitterbugs should be in the discounts as well.

Also, the Cordell Spot, and jolly Blade were two of the very original vibrating baits, which were copied as the Rattle Trap. The 1/8 oz. jolly ?Blade is really one of the really good UL white bass lures.

Oh, yeah, the Cordell CC Shad is a pretty good crankbait and actually hooks even big bluegills pretty well.

It’s good that the Zara Puppy’s are being made available. It’s too bad that Pradco/Heddon discontinued one of the really UL vibrating lures the 1/8 oz. Ultra Sonic.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:13 pm

You can check out lucky craft they have the cra pea, skt tiny, and rto tiny. The cra pea is about 34mm and 1/10-1/8th oz and the others are 38mm and 1/10-1/8 oz

ulbc2
Angler
Angler

Post by ulbc2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:42 am

I like the Rapala Risto Rap 4

Creekin
Angler
Angler

Post by Creekin » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Lucky Craft Bevy Minnow Snacky 33 and Lucky Craft Pointer 48 are a couple of my favorites. Easier to find Rapala CD01, 03, and 05 though. Rebel makes a sweet little jerkbait called the TD49.