Rod for calcutta conquest bfs?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Rod for calcutta conquest bfs?

Post by 1nutinthewater » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:56 pm

Isaiah20 wrote:I had the First Strike 6’10” rod with the same ratings. No where near as light as you are thinking it is. You can have them build you a one off from any NFC blank though.
Hmmm.. Thanks for the tip! Will give them a call and find out price and build time on a light stick.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

The Fisher King
Angler
Angler

Post by The Fisher King » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:24 pm

I Paired my Conquest BFS with a Tenryu 5'6L RayZ and I have been a happy man. Despite its length, I can still cannon lures almost anywhere I want on a lake.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Isaiah20 wrote:I had the First Strike 6’10” rod with the same ratings. No where near as light as you are thinking it is. You can have them build you a one off from any NFC blank though.
Wait...Edge will build you a rod using any of the NFC blanks??? :-k

My gears are turning.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:

My gears are turning.
Ya Edge will build you a rod in 4-6 months maybe . Look into their customer service complaints before ordering anything from them.........
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:05 pm

1nutinthewater wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:

My gears are turning.
Ya Edge will build you a rod in 4-6 months maybe . Look into their customer service complaints before ordering anything from them.........
Ive ordered blanks from them. Dang though...thats a long time
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing