Rod for calcutta conquest bfs?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight fishing success here!
timinmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Rod for calcutta conquest bfs?

Postby timinmo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:29 pm

I have an ultra light casting rod made on a NFC 5'4" spin jig blank. An old school Calcutta Conquest 51 lives on it but maybe I need to try the BFS on it. I got on a kick of making casting rods out of light and ultra light spinning blanks. Some worked out great some not so much. While I like fast and extra fast rods it seems that for BFS a little slower blanks works better, at least for me.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Winstondry » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:31 am

Find a used Daiko BRSC-64L and never look back. ;)

I'll have to pull mine out from the dusty dark, I forgot I had it until seeing this thread. I've been using an old Kistler Helium LTA, I mean really old rod for my UL casting duties but I think the Daiko is about to get resurrected!

ss30378
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby ss30378 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

You could try to find a st croix legend inshore extra light powered rod. 6'6" and I've casted down to 1g with it.

1nutinthewater
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby 1nutinthewater » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:49 am

I've had my eye on these. I really dislike buying a rod and not being able to handle it before purchase.
My most recent internet purchase ended up with a rod that just felt to light to me but from a very reputable maker (EDGE) that exchanged no questions asked at a local show so i ended up leaving with several others............
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

Return to “Ultralight Fishing”