13 Fishing: ultra-light plastics and jig heads are coming!

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

13 Fishing: ultra-light plastics and jig heads are coming!

Post by Brad in Texas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:48 am

If you go over and look at a video posted on YouTube by Flukemaster, Gene who is sponsored by 13 Fishing can be seen walking around ICAST 2017 and as he walked by sort of an end cap at the 13 Fishing booth, he stopped and noted that the company is bringing out a line of small plastics for panfish. What it appears to be is a large collection of bugs, minnow thingies, darters, nymphs and so on . . . but with great attention to fine detailing. So, to me anyway, these might rival some of the Japanese small plastics in terms of quality.

Gosh, I'd love to have a source for more of these baits without the giant shipping fees.

Adding to this, he shows a poster for a jig head down to a 1/64th oz. with a tungsten weight and a hook supposedly shaped to hook a panfish more consistently in the upper mouth/lip. I like the idea of having more small jig heads available for panfishing.

Shown here beginning about 30 seconds into the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21lN1REjn1Q&t=718s

Brad

sn95
Angler
Angler

Re: 13 Fishing: ultra-light plastics and jig heads are coming!

Post by sn95 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:23 pm

13 fishing also has a teaser video out.

https://youtu.be/Vdf0d-HO97o

Allsorts
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Allsorts » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:41 pm

They look very much like 'Aji' and "Mebaru' lures, great crossover panfish lures...

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Looks interesting. Can't wait to see/fish some. My eyes are on that Concept Z reel too.