Does anyone have any experience with the MC Troutino rods?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
waterone
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Does anyone have any experience with the MC Troutino rods?

Post by waterone » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 pm

I'm sure someone here has some experience with the MajorCraft Troutino baitcasting UL or BFS river rods.

Just wondering about the somewhat odd is the rod handle, which with most modern rods the rod blank runs through the entire length of the rod, under the real seat, Majorcraft appears to have built the rod with a slight offset to the handle to somewhat approximate the old pistol grip rods.

Does the concept work? When using a shorter rod, as less than 5'6" length, snap casting one handed is a real option. When I started fishing pistol grip baitcasters were the vast majority of the rods offered. I think the lightest straight-handled baitcasting rods were called "popping rods" or steelhead rods, and with the era's chrome reel seats and durable Fiberglas blanks, they were a handful. Rods also tended to be 4' to maybe 5'6" long, with a very, very few 6' rods.

Anyway, BC rods, especially BFS rods rend to be two handed in configuration, mirroring spinning rods somewhat, with the exception of the JDM "River" rods, which the Majorcraft Troutino seems to be an oddity, at least in handle configuration, presumably for "snap casting".

How do the rods work for the application?

Thanks

Isaiah20
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Does anyone have any experience with the MC Troutino rods?

Post by Isaiah20 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Way late but check out finesse-fishing.com

RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Does anyone have any experience with the MC Troutino rods?

Post by RIng » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:29 am

Hi there . I have a Major Craft Troutino TTS - 382UL on the way . I have a few JDM spinning rods and will let every one know how I think it compares with rods that or much more expensive . I will use it mostly for bridge fishing , fall and winter , on the eastern shore . If it will through a small , 1/64 oz , and under jig I will use it for Mt. bookie fishing all so .