Best place to get micro crankbaits

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Best place to get micro crankbaits

Post by Finesse Angler » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:13 am

Hey guys was wondering the best place to get micro crankbaits for ultralight fishing. I know ilovehardbaits on eBay has a good selection of cra-pea and skt tiny, however I can't find anywhere that has Presso Rolling Cranks, Megabass Baby Griffon/Zero, Chubby 38f, Atomic Hardz, and Cranka Shallow Cranks. Looking for deep diving and shallow diving. Prefer if you know a place with a good price and shipping that isn't two months out. I know Amazon has presso cranks, a poor selection of colors, but they're selling for $20-$30 a pop. Let me know what you guys have found. Thanks.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Best place to get micro crankbaits

Post by Slazmo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:10 am

I've seen the selection your looking at / for. We've got a place here in Aus called Anaconda, has them for about $11 / $29 depending on model and size.

Recently they had the Atomic's and Ecogear for $5, which I took advantage of.

Wonder if postage is as ludicrous from here to the US, as it is from there to here?

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:51 am

Ichibantackle might have what you are looking for. EMS shipping is quick--3 or 4 days.

Also, fishusa carries ultralight stuff.

fati
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fati » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:15 pm

If you wanna go cheap, look for woobler mini crankbait on aliexpress, 4.5cm 4.2g, i made a total rampage on rainbow trouts one day using the kinda silver/rainbow model with black back, color A1 I think. They look a bit like the griffon, but 15$ cheaper. Cons is that you can expect to change the hooks ( stocks are not terrible, but they are not so great, 3 or 4 angry 5pounder rainbow totally thorn them ) and you can expect to wait around a month or 2 for your order to arrive. Hard to believe that day that freaking 0.99$ lure beaten all thoses premiums lures we had in the box..worth to give it a try.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:42 pm

These Cabela's Sweet Peas (which are in reality re-badged Matzuo Nano Cranks) are the real deal. Slow sinking and run very well, dare I say they run even better than the old Yo Zuri Snap Beans. If it swims these will catch it. A real sleeper bait, and a steal at $6 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $4.49)

Not a mind blowing color selection, but the basics are covered well enough. Hell, you could paint one solid black and it would still slay 'em 8-)

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 am

Not a fan of alliexpress and their products. Gotta take a look at ichiban haven't ever been to their website. Found a website out of Australia that has some of what I was looking for and decent prices, the shipping was about $15 for economy air with an estimate of around 2 weeks or so. Fishing Tackle Shop is the website.