New Abu JDM rod

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

New Abu JDM rod

Post by earthworm77 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:32 am

I was in need of a UL rod to take and leave at my cabin and absolutely stole one an Abu Mass Beat Extreme 6-0 UL spinning rod for 49.95 on ebay the other day. That is about 1/2 off. as they list for 100.00 to 130.00.

It is a 6-0 UL 2pc. I'm a big Major Craft guy but this rod seemed better quality and cheaper than MC's cheaper to middle of the road offerings. I just didn't feel like paying 135.00 for another Benkei.

I know it has Fuji Kl guides and Fuji reel seat. It is an area trout rod, I think they are slightly faster than the stream rods. Other than that, I have no idea.

Any info or experience with these rods is appreciated, there is literally nothing in English on them.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Abu JDM rod

Post by Alphahawk » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Open this link in Google Chrome and it will translate it to English. Not a lot of info but is probably in the 80% range as far as percentage of graphite. It weighs 89 grams which tells me it has a lot of resin in it for a 6 foot rod. It is not going to be a very sensitive rod but then it is not designed to be......designed for casting micro spoons and micro cranks. http://www.purefishing.jp/product/brand ... treme.html

Regards

CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Abu JDM rod

Post by CM_Stewart » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:51 pm

I think you'll find that the Area rods are softer and slower than the stream rods.
Chris Stewart
(affiliations: TenkaraBum.com, Finesse-Fishing.com)