ULTRALIGHT SALT WATER

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

ULTRALIGHT SALT WATER

Post by RIng » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi all ! I fish the Chesapeake Bay marches a lot . After getting a IPRIMI 60xul -4 for my small stream brook trout fishing in NY and VT. I started looking for a JDM rod for the creak fishing I do on the MD. eastern shore . I have tenkara fished for many years , and NISSIN rod are my favert . I found many JDM rods in the LRF class . I have ordered tenkara stuff from PLAT in Japan befor so when looking there I found and ordered a Saltwater light game rod . Nissin Curtis Kirari Syungetsu 703S . 7'3" 2#-6# line and .5g - 8.0 g wt. jig . I hope the order goes through fine and I have the rod soon . It is a painted rod , and very different look for spinning rod . I can not wait to see and fish with it . I will let you all know how it works out . Good fishing to all .

RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: ULTRALIGHT SALT WATER

Post by RIng » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:26 pm

My Nissin is in the USA , I don't know how long it will take to get through customs and to me . I hope not long .

RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by RIng » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:08 am

Got the Nissin today . It came into the PO yesterday . 5 days , with week end , from Japan to MD. I will fish it some in Md. , but most for trout in ponds and streams of NY, and VT. Paring it up with a 1500 sharky II I have . I am going to try 8# Gliss and 2-4 lb. fluro. leader. It is a beautiful rod and matches some of the Nissin tenkara rods I have . If you search Nissin Curtis Kirari Syungetsu on youtube there is a vid. of it . Good fishing to all .

RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by RIng » Mon May 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi all ! I used my Nissin on a pond up here in Grafton NY. . I have it pared with a Peen battle 1000 , 8# Gliss and 4# flor. lieder . Catting smallest cast master , 1/16 cast master , 1/12 + 1/16 spoon , and 1/32 - 1/16 jig head . Got 1 ,15 -18" pickerel , 3 small bass 8-12 " and 1, 16" rainbow trout . I am very happy with the setup . lots of rain is keeping the streams very high , hope to get out in my float tube soon . I used the Seeker S-Glass 2 pice rated for 1-4 lb. for 2-3 weeks in the Chesapeake march before I came back up to NY. This rod is a lot slower than a graphite rod , but I like glass . I have it pared with a Peen battle 1000 and 6 # bared and 4# flor leader . i caught 100s + white perch and 50-100 small rock fish . a few 20-22" rock fish tested it . I am happy with this outfit all so . good fishing to all !!!!