Quick review Kuying Teton 6-0 ULS Trout rod

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Quick review Kuying Teton 6-0 ULS Trout rod

Post by earthworm77 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 am

It really depend on the M.C. series you have.

I have several Volkey's, Corzzas and Go Emotions that are UL and L BFS rods and are more than capable of fishing jigs and plastics and are fast or extra fast actions. You're not going to get that with Trapara's, Troutino's and the other "trout" specific rods. The softer actions benefit lighter lines used with spinners and light, tiny spoons one might throw in a creek or stream for them.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:48 pm

I have a Trapara UL and a Go Emotion ML. The Trapara is a noodle but I knew that going into it, though it does amaze me how bad it is with plastics whenever I try it. The Go Emotion is a bit stiffer, but when I flex it alongside a Phenix Recon in a similar rating it seems softer even though it is a good 5" shorter. But the GE is listed as "Regular Fast" so it sounds like one of the MC rods with a Fast or XF rating would be what I am looking for.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:23 am

earthworm77 wrote:But my early impressions of the Kuying Teton are positive. For the price, you get a highly capable Japanese quality UL rod assembled in China at more than half off virtually anything you could buy from Major Craft. This rod is killer for trout and bream fishing and should be a blast for mid sized bass as well.
Thanks for the review, I picked up this rod after reading it for UL saltwater on the kayak, wish it was a bit faster but definitely a good rod for tiny hooks. Here I'm using #4 owner singles on the UL rippin rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zZr7kt ... e=youtu.be

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:42 am

Found this vid of some guys fishing the surf with spinning versions of the UL Teton. Looks like a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uft4A0lsSk

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:09 am

alouie008 wrote:Thanks for the post! Got me interested in the Super Lite with solid tip :D
Any reviews of the Super Lite?
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish