Love JDM gear.

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Love JDM gear.

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 am

Here is a video of the start to what will soon be 20-80 of Smallies a day for next 2 months....not to mention the huge bluegill that will be caught. While only 4 Smallies were caught it was certainly worth the trip. Nothing like catching Smallies on a Major Craft MSX 6' 5" light action rod and a Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ 6' 10".....both using SOS 2# test line. Check out the curve in both rods. Next time up will leave the L action rod at home and have the Truzer and Yamaga Blanks only.

Regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RceOsCtkUU

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Love JDM gear.

Post by gillchaser » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:44 am

Enjoyed the video , but I had to mute the sound :(
What jigs were you using ? Gillchaser

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:58 am

My nephew did the video so I can blame the music on him...LOL All fish caught on a Midnigt Blue Thunderhawk Dancer and a Purple Redemption Trout Magnet.

Regards

Brad in Texas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Brad in Texas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Fun video!!! I liked it.

That "bend" in your rod was very impressive. And, it actually increases your leverage by moving the lifting point away from the tip and back toward your hands. The greater the bend, the more power for the fisherman.

This would also be a great video to show the proper technique fighting fish with spinning tackle versus muscling one back to the boat with casting gear. You are controlling the fish on a bent rod and taut line, letting it make a run and tire down a bit with a properly set drag, lifting the rod at the proper time, then reeling down to take up line. And, repeating it until the fish is in the net.

So, 2 lbs. test works even on some healthy sized small mouth bass. Try that on a bait caster using the standard technique employed with them? The fish likely swims away after busting the line.

Brad

mod squad
Angler
Angler

Post by mod squad » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Alphahawk,I bought a Ice Cube Rockin Finess based of your recommendation. I haven't had a chance to catch anything yet but it's
A nice looking rod. For years I've used a sr781 for crappie and stocked trout.
Have to say I'm happy with it and I haven't even caught anything on yet.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:13 am

i have that same Major Craft ms-x (limited) and it is an absolute blast catching smallies on, easily my favorite rod! i had a shimano vanquish c2000hgs on it for the past 2 years, but will be putting a shimano complex c2500s on it this year and moving the vanquish to my new rod. i am hoping that the '16 destroyer lycaon will be similar to the ms-x in terms of sensitivity while being a little bit lighter in power.

gailt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gailt » Mon May 08, 2017 7:57 am

Beautiful lake and nice video.