gift certificate--Mitchell 310 pro, Pflueger presxt 25

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

gift certificate--Mitchell 310 pro, Pflueger presxt 25

Post by 108642 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi,
I have a gift certificate and a choice between a Mitchell 310 pro and a Pflueger president XT 25. I would be using 4lb. mono wading creeks and fishing lakes. Are there any advantages or problems with either of the reels?
Thanks

Smead
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: gift certificate--Mitchell 310 pro, Pflueger presxt 25

Post by Smead » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:23 am

I don't have much faith in anything Mitchell...a couple of people have said that the President XT was OK, IIRC.

Companies owned by Pure Fishing, and whatever huge conglomerate that owns them currently, are a bit odd. Some stuff is decent, some garbage; you never seem to know what to expect.

With only a general idea of what you have to spend, perhaps look at a Daiwa Legalis or Exceler if you can get them with the gift certificate. On the Shimano side would be the Sedona FE or the Nexave FD...I'm waiting to see if the Sahara FI turns out to be OK, but I think that's outside your price range anyway.