Five Footers

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Five Footers

Post by CM_Stewart » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:57 pm

It balances just in front of the back edge of the front cork. The reel seat holds the Shimano very solidly. I haven't tried any other reels.
Chris Stewart
(affiliations: TenkaraBum.com, Finesse-Fishing.com)

JB in SC
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JB in SC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:33 am

oops wrote:Love my SR 6010. Not ideal in some situations, but it is a super fun rod that I can't imagine replacing
The IMX version is my favorite ultralight, I've had mine since 1995. It's not the latest technology but is one nice rod.

susQbassman
Angler
Angler

Post by susQbassman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 pm

I have the gloomis imx sjr 6400 5'4" with the daiwa fuego type a 1000 reel for panfish and trout in small streams super light tip but power to move fish near brush.

JB in SC
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JB in SC » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:19 am

Presso 1025 and Presso AGS 54XUL-S rod

Last edited by JB in SC on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:41 am

JB in SC wrote:Presso 1025 and Presso AGS 54XUL-S rod.

If it fishes as good as it looks , that's a heck of an outfit . Gillchaser

JB in SC
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JB in SC » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:41 am

I've only cast it a total of an hour or so, but it is joy to use.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:19 am

JB in SC wrote:I've only cast it a total of an hour or so, but it is joy to use.
Great looking setup. Every JDM rod I have ever bought is a joy to use. But I have to say once one goes to high end JDM gear nothing else will do.....and the Presso AGS is for sure high end. It truly is a curse when we go down the JDM road. This past Sunday my nephew and I were fishing a trout river for crappie...yes I know it sounds strange but they are stacked in the river. We had 2 limits of crappie...total of 30 fish.....in 1.5 hours. Would have had those 30 fish in an hour if I could have kept the 12-13 inch brook trout off the line....yeah I know...good problem to have. I caught 3/4 of the fish. I was using a Tict Ice Cube Rockin' Drift. The sensitivity of that rod is off the charts. My nephew was using a 40 dollar UL rod. He could not feel the bites I was feeling. Now to try the Ajing jig head and soft plastics....

Regards

JB in SC
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JB in SC » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:08 am

The high end JDM reels and rods definitely have the edge in the XUL category. The attention to detail and finish of these rods is astonishing. I've owned fly rods costing over $800 that weren't as well finished. I'm hoping the streams clear up after a heavy rainfall last night. I have some of the ajing jigs and accompanying plastics due tomorrow. Anxious to see how they work.

JB