Shimano 500 reels

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano 500 reels

Post by gillchaser » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 am

joekaz wrote:
gillchaser wrote:Ive found two more Sienna 500 reels locally . Before I buy them up to put up for spares , I found a contact site for Shimano fishing and have sent them an inquiry as to whether they have anything in the future to replace the 500 series reels .
We'll see if I get an answer and what they have to say . Gillchaser
In the Shimano support forum, Bantam1 said some were coming in the near future. :D
Thanks , I was hoping they wouldn't forget us UL folks .
, I guess I got greedy buying up the last two Sienna's yesterday. One of them is near perfect and Is as smooth as my Symetre , the other not . When I took it out of the package it was hard to wind . After a dose of clear silicone grease on the spool shaft and putting my cordless screw gun on it for about five , one minute rotation segments , it's a lot better , but not as smooth as the other . Guess I'll need to work on it some more loosen it up , take it back for a refund , or save for parts . I always thought I needed an extra spool . May just keep it for parts . Gillchaser

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:00 am

Good Lord Smead, you're even more warped than I'd imagined. Well done =D>

Humor never hurt anybody but the humorless ...

Smead
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smead » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:47 am

Awesome animation...Granny Squid steals the show; though there's plenty of insanity all around. They even have an album out. :D

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:51 am

Took both Sienna's back to Walmart today .
The first one I attempted to use was hard to wind , so I tried breaking it in and got it OK , but still not good enough . I decided I'd keep it for parts .
Took the other one out , spooled it up and took it fishing this afternoon. It was easier to wind than the other , but the gears would grind a couple of times doing the retrieve. No pattern to it . It acted like it was going to lock up .
These must have been the last two they threw together from what ever parts they had left over .
I've seen the new 1000 Stradic FK on sale for $139 and it weighs 6.9 oz . I'm tempted :) gillchaser