Trout Magnets

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Smead
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Trout Magnets

Post by Smead » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 am

gillchaser wrote:Those minis are truly minis . I have the kit . I haven't used them enough to give a good opinion of them . I've only tried them under a float as a 1/200th jig is tough to cast . I've read they were created to be used as a dropper with a regular TM , like a nymph Flyfishing .
But i can say the gills , and LM bass seem to love the regular TM's . I'd like to give the Trout Slayers a try . Gillchaser

They catch fish. I have a lot of friends that use them......many use them as you describe. I have never used them as it is so small it is hard for me to tie. Trout Magnet sells a lure that is being discontinued after having it for a year...it is called the ThunderHawk Dancer. It was designed as a bass lure. I was even reluctant to try it but last spring I did so and took the designer of the lure to Dale Hollow Lake on a fishing trip with me. It is a great smallmouth lure but I was surprised to learn bluegill love the thing. I thought it would be too big but I was finding they would have the thing way down in the mouth when I hooked them.....which tells me they really want them. I use it in deep water. The jig head for it is called the Micro Dancer and it comes in several colors and 1/16 and 1/8 size with a #6 hook....of course you can use any jig head you like. The color Dancer I prefer is MidNight Blue. I have no clue as to why it is being discontinued......but when I found out it was being discontinued my nephew and I bought 300 dollars of the bodies and jig heads. I did not want to be without. The Trout Magnet is my go to lure...but when I am looking for a little more casting distance....fishing in deep water....the Dancer does the job very well.

Regards

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:00 am

The Trout Slayers were one of the first lures I stumbled upon when I got into fishing. I was mostly interested in panfish then, but ended up catching my first smallie on one.
Pulled this guy out of the C&O canal right in the middle of Washington DC. It about bent the hook straight when I lifted him out of the water and it broke the tip of my cheap UL rod. but it was worth it.

Ever sense I got bass-obsessed I haven't fished them, but I am going to start doing some panfish days this season and they are at the top of the lure list.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:07 am

what is the size(length) of the Trout Slayer craw?

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:58 am

earthworm77 wrote:what is the size(length) of the Trout Slayer craw?

1.5 inches.

Regards

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:59 am

My order arrived on Monday. They have some nice stuff and it is perfect for the slab gills in my pond in NC. I'll be giving them some hell soon.