Daiwa RG2000H-AB Spinning Reel for Ultralight Fishing

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa RG2000H-AB Spinning Reel for Ultralight Fishing

Post by earthworm77 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:21 am

the 13 Nasci 500 Hg is a good little reel. You will like it.

Smead
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smead » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:31 am

I think I will...i really liked the Symetre 500FJ.

Also, since Shimano looks to be getting rid of 500 sized reels, it might be now or never. The Nasci 16/FB's don't have a 500 sized reel listed. Since the Sedona's look to have been eliminated, the only 500 currently made is the Sahara FE.

Besides the usual Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, you might see some clearance prices on whatever Symetre 500FE's are left on the shelves.

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:06 am

I'm finding some of Diawa 2000 size reels are similiar in size to Shimano 1000's. Weights are a little over an ounce difference for most models .
Lately I've been trying a few of the Daiwa 1500 and 2000's and I'm finding they balance some of my rods better than the smaller reels.
I've bank fished one afternoon with the Daiwas and looking forward to trying them out from my jonboat next week for what will be a longer outing .
Guess I'll find out if the extra weight in the rear helps, hurts , or doesn't make any difference. Gillchaser

Smead
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smead » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:47 am

I like playing around with stuff; buy I still would go with the SS 700 if forced to pick just one reel.

If you can make the 1500/2000 sized reels work for you; I have noticed that everything Daiwa seems to be marked down quite a bit...this includes Legalis, Exceler, Lexa, Fuego....and even the Procyon and Ballistic models. I'm not sure if there are model changes coming, or maybe retailers are just trying to move inventory....retail sales are down on everything.

I just got a 2000 Legalis for $40 shipped...prices seem to be reduced $15-20 ballpark; with even greater percentages off on the more expensive models. I also wonder if "Mag-Seal" reels are being shunned by a lot of people though, hence the larger mark downs.

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:32 am

If the SS700 had an anti-reverse that didn't have play in it , I'd give one a try .
The best spinning reel I own is my Daiwa Fuego 1000A . Absolutely the smoothest out of the box reel I've ever owned . And it came with an extra aluminum spool .
I too enjoy trying out new tackle . I wondering if there's some way I could become a professional reviewer where I can get tackle sent to me to try out and give my opinion. Haha ! Dreaming again ! Gillchaser

Smead
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smead » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:25 am

I really don't mind the pawl style A/R...hardly think about it actually.

The Fuego A's were very nice reels; they certainly weren't around for all that long; have no idea why Daiwa did away with them. The latest Fuego is nice, but very different, sharing only the name really.

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:41 am

I just took delivery of a Daiwa RG2000H AB yesterday and took it out for a trail . I paired it up with a St. Croix Premier 7' UL Rod and for today some 4# PLine HiVis line .
Didn't catch anything in the hour I played around with it , but the reel is very smooth and impressive for the $50 I paid for it . I was casting a micro jig with a weighted float rand really like the reel .
When I got home , I stripped off about 75-100 yards of the 4# Pline and added some 2# Original Blue line to fill it . With the smooth drag of the RG and the action of the SC UL , I shouldn't have any problem landing most of what I'm after with the micro jigs .
Although I like the hi vis line , I'm still not totally convinced line color does or doesn't make a difference . I think in high pressured bodies of water , and under some situations , the line color can make a difference, especially in super clear water .
Will add more after more experience with the reel, but right now I'd say it's a keeper.
Gillchaser

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 am

gillchaser wrote:I just took delivery of a Daiwa RG2000H AB yesterday and took it out for a trail . I paired it up with a St. Croix Premier 7' UL Rod and for today some 4# PLine HiVis line .
Didn't catch anything in the hour I played around with it , but the reel is very smooth and impressive for the $50 I paid for it . I was casting a micro jig with a weighted float rand really like the reel .
When I got home , I stripped off about 75-100 yards of the 4# Pline and added some 2# Original Blue line to fill it . With the smooth drag of the RG and the action of the SC UL , I shouldn't have any problem landing most of what I'm after with the micro jigs .
Although I like the hi vis line , I'm still not totally convinced line color does or doesn't make a difference . I think in high pressured bodies of water , and under some situations , the line color can make a difference, especially in super clear water .
Will add more after more experience with the reel, but right now I'd say it's a keeper.
Gillchaser
I have the 2500RGAB and yes it is quite nice. It handle the fish in the link below very easily
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... 45#p598101

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 am

Nice bass QnS ! Gillchaser