My quest...

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Morsetaper
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: My quest...

Post by Morsetaper » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:55 am

'Zackly . I'll relate my thoughts once I get my hot little hands on it.

Something tells me that I may have just fallen down the rabbit hole.

Morsetaper
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Morsetaper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:51 am

Finally got this thing out and seriously fished it today. Mounted a Stradic strung with Sufix 4# FC. Managed 8 or 9 brown fish, from dinks to about 14", lost or missed as many again, and a greenie that went about 3#. This rod performs better than I ever hoped for. Certainly the most sensitive stick I own, and I have a good selection from Loomis and the St. Croix LE line. Took about 3 min. to bring the greenie to hand, and I never felt like the fish was more in control than I. I think this rod is certainly up to the task of a huge smallmouth.

On another note, I had about 3 line/knot failures. I'm certainly not ruling out operator error, but was wondering if anybody has had a similar experience with this line?

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:34 am

Morsetaper wrote:Finally got this thing out and seriously fished it today. Mounted a Stradic strung with Sufix 4# FC. Managed 8 or 9 brown fish, from dinks to about 14", lost or missed as many again, and a greenie that went about 3#. This rod performs better than I ever hoped for. Certainly the most sensitive stick I own, and I have a good selection from Loomis and the St. Croix LE line. Took about 3 min. to bring the greenie to hand, and I never felt like the fish was more in control than I. I think this rod is certainly up to the task of a huge smallmouth.

On another note, I had about 3 line/knot failures. I'm certainly not ruling out operator error, but was wondering if anybody has had a similar experience with this line?
Congrats on the new rod. The past few weeks have been terrible for me in terms of catching numbers of fish.....worst summer I have ever had. But I have learned to appreciate these JDM rods more than ever. The sensitivity is off the charts. Looking forward to hearing more abut the Truzer. I used my Truzer 6' 5" Monday to tangle with about a dozen very fat 14 inch largemouth......just an amazing rod.

Regards

Morsetaper
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Morsetaper » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:02 am

Alphahawk wrote: The sensitivity is off the charts.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm seriously impressed. Thank You and everybody else for the guidance.
I'm finding myself flinging a 4" Senko on a 1/16th oz. head 85-90', then the fish hits and the rod butt takes over and :shock:.
It's like a bumblebee, impossible, but...
You often hear people exaggerate about the sensitivity of a rod with something like "I can feel every leaf on the lake bottom", Yeah, right :roll: . But with this thing I can literally feel the ends of that 4" Senko undulate. Rilly :mrgreen: .

Bryin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bryin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Another JDM convert.

Allsorts
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Allsorts » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:58 am

This won't be your last JDM rod either...slippery slope it is...