High end Ultralight Daiwa reels now offered in USA

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

High end Ultralight Daiwa reels now offered in USA

Post by Ranger 619VS » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:33 am

Hey guy's,

Decided I needed to come back to the UL forum here on TT. Thought I would let those who don't follow new arrivals that Daiwa USA is now bringing in a higher end 1003 size ultra light reel to the USA. The Luvias 1003 is a shallow spool model that is amazing as a ultra light lure reel for panfish and trout. I have many of the 2012 models and one of the new 2015 models....I love the reel. Very light and smooth.....Drag is super smooth and protects light line well. I fish this reel right along side the top of the line 1003 and 1025 Exist, which is Daiwa's top of the line reel and it is very close to being perfect.

I know high end UL gear is looked down upon by some and some messages and comments about my posts and replies about my love of high end gear for crappie and panfish is why I stopped posting. But I am back and willing to help anyone who wants to know about high end rods and reels........For those who don't know me read some past posts.....Always willing to answer any questions. I use G. Loomis Trout series rods, the blended ,GLX and GL2 and classic ultra light rods paired with Daiwa JDM 1000 size reels.Exist, Certate, Presso and Luvias models.......Lure only for panfish, trout and whatever will hit a Ultralight lure.......I have attached a pic of the new 1003 Luvias......

Ranger 619VS
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.09 KiB) Viewed 9602 times
Last edited by Ranger 619VS on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: High end Ultralight Daiwa reels now offered in USA

Post by igl00jx » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:37 am

Glad to see a familiar name back on the forums. Hope to see you post more often :D =D>

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ranger 619VS » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:41 am

I am glad to be back too! I lost a fishing partner last year to cancer and kinda slowed down a bit. I saw that I needed a new motivation to fish more and share more info with like minded ul anglers......So here I am.....

waterone
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by waterone » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:00 am

I don't post here much, but I've enjoyed reading your insights and opinions.

Welcome back. Looking to hearing from you more in the future.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:12 am

I wouldn't worry too much about other folks comments on your choice of fishing gear. I too fish with high end UL gear....my crappie rig alone costs 700 bucks......Tict Ice Cube and a Daiwa Certate. I have a dozen JDM UL spinning rods and 5 JDM reels. I don't like to use the word never...but, it would be hard to buy US domestic fishing gear again. I have had 10 people who have contacted me through various forums....and a few family members....who in the end...after much discussion.....purchased JDM rods. Without exception all of them have told me "Now I understand". As I read on this forum a couple of years back "One can't understand JDM gear until they get it in their hands". This is so true. Yesterday I spent two hours catching 2 pound white bass on a Major Craft Truzer Ajing 6' 5" "Hard" model. Count my lure down to 23 feet and I could feel the "tic" even with slack line. Fishing with high end gear is something people have to do to really appreciate what it is and what it can do for one's fishing.

Regards

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ranger 619VS » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:33 am

Alpha,

You summed it up very well. Pity i take your out west or down south based on the white bass session.....Something tells me we would get along fine.......Be funto compare notes.....

Ranger 619VS

Bryin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bryin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:11 pm

Now Shimano needs to step up and sell UL gear in the US.... I hope Daiwa bring their high end XUL and UK rods to the US... they have some amazing rods.

Bryin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bryin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Also... Alphahawk is 100% right about high end tackle... getting rods and reels from Japan was very eye opening. They are a huge step up from USA tackle. If you fish a TICT rod you will be blown away... I own 8 JDM rods and cant say I am disappointed with any of them. I even bought a JDM telescopic rod, Jackson Bastard, and it is crazy how good it is... better than most 2 piece you would find for sale in the US.

(also a big thanks to Alpahhawk, his postings helped me expand my JDM purchases... trust his reviews and analysis of rods, he knows what he is talking about...)

The service from everyone I have purchased from in Japan has been great (I buy off of Ebay frequently but have also used some Japan tackle site).

For comparison I have used 3 of the Loomis TSR models... and there is no comparison... the JDM rods are much more "purpose" specific... if you define how you fish, what you fish for and where then you can find a JDM rod that is "perfect" for that situation. As an example, if I am fishing a smallish stream for trout, fallfish and panfish (and maybe a smallie) with the tiny jigs I make.. then the Daiwa Area Bum 5'6" is perfect (I reviewed that rod on TT). If I am on bigger water and want to throw those same small jigs but might want to use some bigger stuff and might get into bigger fish then the TICT Rockin Finesse is great. Each JDM rod is made for a specific situation and within that situation is perfect.

I have JDM rods that cost $120 and ones that cost $500... and you get the level of quality you pay for... you are not getting a "better" rods for less money from Japan... BUT it will work better... and I like my $120 rod. it is a great rod for what I use it for... There are some tremendous rods at the 150-250 price points... But I will say, if you bite the bullet and step up to a high dollar rod it will amaze you.

Smead
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smead » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 am

Welcome Back!

Sometimes you do just need to take a break...then things are fresh again when you are ready.

Sorry about your friend.

Personally, I like hearing about and seeing it all...even if there is much gear I will never own in a million years. It's nice to see that some have such stuff and share their experiences with it. There's a place for people on a budget here too; there's no need to feel that you have to spend a wad to participate. Also, many people upgrade as they can...where else are you going to get legit, honest info from people who have used the gear you may be interested in.

Nice to see all those fish too!

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:00 am

Ranger 619VS wrote:Hey guy's,

Decided I needed to come back to the UL forum here on TT. Thought I would let those who don't follow new arrivals that Daiwa USA is now bringing in a higher end 1003 size ultra light reel to the USA. The Luvias 1003 is a shallow spool model that is amazing as a ultra light lure reel for panfish and trout. I have many of the 2012 models and one of the new 2015 models....I love the reel. Very light and smooth.....Drag is super smooth and protects light line well. I fish this reel right along side the top of the line 1003 and 1025 Exist, which is Daiwa's top of the line reel and it is very close to being perfect.

I know high end UL gear is looked down upon by some and some messages and comments about my posts and replies about my love of high end gear for crappie and panfish is why I stopped posting. But I am back and willing to help anyone who wants to know about high end rods and reels........For those who don't know me read some past posts.....Always willing to answer any questions. I use G. Loomis Trout series rods, the blended ,GLX and GL2 and classic ultra light rods paired with Daiwa JDM 1000 size reels.Exist, Certate, Presso and Luvias models.......Lure only for panfish, trout and whatever will hit a Ultralight lure.......I have attached a pic of the new 1003 Luvias......

Ranger 619VS
Ranger...who in US is selling the Luvias?

Regards

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ranger 619VS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:11 am

Alpha,

Tackle warehouse has the 1003 Luvias and the 1003 Certate. Hi's tackle in California also will most likely. I know tackle warehouse had 1 Luvias 1003 in stock and at least 3 Certates at least as of yeterday......Tad more than bass.jp or digitaka but they can be serviced at Daiwa USA so that is the trade off......Just my humble opinion. I buy my reels from bass.jp and send them back to be serviced at Daiwa Japan. Kinda pricy....My next Luvias or Exist will be from here. But now you two have my head filled with JDM reels to match to my Daiwa reels.....UGH!!!!!!

Ranger 619VS

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:44 am

Ranger 619VS wrote:Alpha,

Tackle warehouse has the 1003 Luvias and the 1003 Certate. Hi's tackle in California also will most likely. I know tackle warehouse had 1 Luvias 1003 in stock and at least 3 Certates at least as of yeterday......Tad more than bass.jp or digitaka but they can be serviced at Daiwa USA so that is the trade off......Just my humble opinion. I buy my reels from bass.jp and send them back to be serviced at Daiwa Japan. Kinda pricy....My next Luvias or Exist will be from here. But now you two have my head filled with JDM reels to match to my Daiwa reels.....UGH!!!!!!

Ranger 619VS
Thanks....I had to replace the roller bearing in my Luvias 2004H and ordered the parts from Plat. I have found a place in Florida that will service JDM reels....even has Daiwas MagSeal oil and is factory trained on them. There have been a ton of fish caught on that Luvias and I usually service a reel twice a year. I have not had this one done though......it is two years old and as smooth as silk.

Regards

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ranger 619VS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:59 am

Alpha,

Would you be willing to share the name of that shop..? I have a few Exist 1003 both the native customs and the original and they are going strong after thousands of fish. My current favorite reels are a 2014 Exist 1003, a 2015 and 2012 Luvias 1003 and a a pair of Presso 1025's All are tricked with Zpi funnel carbon fiber handles......I love the 1003/1025 size for my ultra light combos.....I have 2004 Luvias on my 5 bass spinning combos.....I have a stupid amount on JDM reels on a ridiculous amount of ultra light and light rods......Comparing notes has been great, please continue. I have Certate reels too on clasic ultra light series G. Loomis rods bit very rarely use them....

Ranger 619VS

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:57 am

Ranger 619VS wrote:Alpha,

Would you be willing to share the name of that shop..? I have a few Exist 1003 both the native customs and the original and they are going strong after thousands of fish. My current favorite reels are a 2014 Exist 1003, a 2015 and 2012 Luvias 1003 and a a pair of Presso 1025's All are tricked with Zpi funnel carbon fiber handles......I love the 1003/1025 size for my ultra light combos.....I have 2004 Luvias on my 5 bass spinning combos.....I have a stupid amount on JDM reels on a ridiculous amount of ultra light and light rods......Comparing notes has been great, please continue. I have Certate reels too on clasic ultra light series G. Loomis rods bit very rarely use them....

Ranger 619VS
http://www.fishingreelparts.com #727-942-8944 He is an certifed service center for Magseal reels.

Regards

Rarebreed
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rarebreed » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 pm

This is great! I've been trying to decide on a good "sac-a-lait"/bream rod and reel for the past couple of months and really had no idea what to look at, I have a rod in mind but couldn't figure out a reel, but really wanted something from Daiwa. So the 1003 is the smallest reel frame? What's the difference frame wise between the 1003 and 1025, spool? Lastly, do you know if the Megabass Idaten 100 is based off of the 1003? Thanks for this thread guys!!!