2015 MB Shoreluck Limited

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

2015 MB Shoreluck Limited

Post by Craiger12 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:11 pm

It seems like there may be a new version of the Shoreluck Limited for 2015. The pictures I have seen online show a different reel seat and it seems like it may be less expensive than the prior version. Can anyone confirm this and add any insight into what might be different? I'm not very familiar with Megabass rods and may be wrong in my assessment, so please feel free to correct me. Thank for any info.

jamesdta
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2015 MB Shoreluck Limited

Post by jamesdta » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Pics ?

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:10 am

Looks like the new one is only in 7'6"
http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/sll-76ls/

I have a 2014 Shoreluck SLL-68ULS and absolutely love it for trout and panfish.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:49 am

Cool looking rod, will have to look into them.

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:00 pm

MondayMonkey wrote:Looks like the new one is only in 7'6"
http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/sll-76ls/

I have a 2014 Shoreluck SLL-68ULS and absolutely love it for trout and panfish.
Looks like it comes with Sic guides instead of Torzites too. That may account for at least some of the price difference.

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigreddog » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:23 am

I received my SLL-76LS back around June/July.

Just to be clear, unlike many Shoreluck rods of the past, this is not an UL rod. I got it because I wanted an extremely versatile 2-piece spinning rod for days where I'm wading rivers in unpredictable conditions and species -- and that's exactly what it is. Before this, I'd probably use my Orochi Jade Python for this, or if I was traveling, the Orochi X4 Whipsnake.

While it has a light tip that feels comfortable flicking light plastics on an 1/8oz or 1/12oz jighead, it can also chuck a 3/8 or 1/2oz jerkbait in a pinch without me worrying too much about it folding over.

Other thoughts:
- It's beautiful. The purple wraps and the paint detail on the split portion of the grip really make it look special. Megabass always does something special with their Limited Shoreluck rods. The purple is a good match for the purple Fuji hook keeper.
- A 14 Stella 2500HGS looks great on it with its matching gold accents -- but honestly, I'll probably try it with an Opus-1 instead. Something about the Stella's stem in that size is rubbing me the wrong way -- to me the Opus feels a lot nicer in hand.
- Casting is also very precise for a longer rod like this. It's really a point and shoot affair.
- I'm really surprised at how much backbone it has. It's stouter than I would have expected, given my other experiences with older series of Shoreluck rods.
- Sensitivity is good -- but not as great as I had hoped. It's definitely no slouch, but I'm probably spoiled from using my Heartland Level Direction with the AGS guides.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:43 am

bigreddog wrote:I received my SLL-76LS back around June/July.

Just to be clear, unlike many Shoreluck rods of the past, this is not an UL rod. I got it because I wanted an extremely versatile 2-piece spinning rod for days where I'm wading rivers in unpredictable conditions and species -- and that's exactly what it is. Before this, I'd probably use my Orochi Jade Python for this, or if I was traveling, the Orochi X4 Whipsnake.

While it has a light tip that feels comfortable flicking light plastics on an 1/8oz or 1/12oz jighead, it can also chuck a 3/8 or 1/2oz jerkbait in a pinch without me worrying too much about it folding over.

Other thoughts:
- It's beautiful. The purple wraps and the paint detail on the split portion of the grip really make it look special. Megabass always does something special with their Limited Shoreluck rods. The purple is a good match for the purple Fuji hook keeper.
- A 14 Stella 2500HGS looks great on it with its matching gold accents -- but honestly, I'll probably try it with an Opus-1 instead. Something about the Stella's stem in that size is rubbing me the wrong way -- to me the Opus feels a lot nicer in hand.
- Casting is also very precise for a longer rod like this. It's really a point and shoot affair.
- I'm really surprised at how much backbone it has. It's stouter than I would have expected, given my other experiences with older series of Shoreluck rods.
- Sensitivity is good -- but not as great as I had hoped. It's definitely no slouch, but I'm probably spoiled from using my Heartland Level Direction with the AGS guides.

Does it have titanium guide frames.....and do you think it could handle schooling stripers......up to 15 pounds...using 10# test braid?

Regards

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigreddog » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:19 am

Guides are stainless steel framed SiC. They are the typical reduced-size guides that Megabass and other JDM brands like to use these days. It does just fine with 10lb braid (I use Sufix 832 w/ a long 12-15ft leader of 8lb Tatsu).

I can't comment too much about it's ability to handle stripers since I've never had the pleasure, but I'd imagine that it's as much a function of the skill of the angler as it would be the rod and reel. The Shoreluck LRF rods are designed for fishing around structure, so I doubt it would be an issue.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:48 pm

bigreddog wrote:Guides are stainless steel framed SiC. They are the typical reduced-size guides that Megabass and other JDM brands like to use these days. It does just fine with 10lb braid (I use Sufix 832 w/ a long 12-15ft leader of 8lb Tatsu).

I can't comment too much about it's ability to handle stripers since I've never had the pleasure, but I'd imagine that it's as much a function of the skill of the angler as it would be the rod and reel. The Shoreluck LRF rods are designed for fishing around structure, so I doubt it would be an issue.
Thanks for the feedback.....much appreciated.

Regards