Best UL reels under $50

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Best UL reels under $50

Post by Edward78 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:18 am

noc10
Angler
Angler

Re: Best UL reels under $50

Post by noc10 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:06 pm

i'm not looking to spend more than $50 on an UL reel for a reel weighing 6.5 or less and fairly smooth. I've been looking around and found some decent candidates but i would like to know if there are other reels out there.. not a big fan of pfleuger spinning reels so because i've had them break on me before. what other ones are out there? Been looking at the tica cetus SB500 and the laguna 500BI. what else would fall in this catagory of $50 budget reels? thanks for the help everyone :big grin:
I don't spend much on spinning reels, but that said I have maybe a dozen or so Pflueger Trions and Presidents that I have used for years crappie fishing and have never had one fail...But more to the point, you have, and you want something else. I also have a couple of Daiwa Revros which are very nice at around $50. There is a review on this website that rates it highly as well and if I recall correctly even honored it with a Best Value Award.
"I have no worries, I'm just a ghost driving a meat puppet"