Ultralight jigs

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
razgris18
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Ultralight jigs

Post by razgris18 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:32 pm

anyone have any luck with them and does anyone have photos of them?

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Ultralight jigs

Post by Thor » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:30 am

Ultralight jigs usually have hooks that are too small for my needs. I use 1/64 oz jig heads with #4 light wire hooks and 1/32 oz jig heads with #2 light wire hooks. The addition of tiny worms, small tubes and trailers make great jigs.

No, the light wire hooks do not bend. I have caught 6+ pound smallmouth bass and 15+ pound snook without problems.
No, I know of no internet retailer who carries jig heads like these. Try some guys who do custom jig head molding.

Another option is to try tungsten eyes on a hook of your model and size, tied Clouser style. Again, makes a great jig head to be used with worms, tubes and trailers.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Are you talking about ball jigheads or skirted jigs that you can add a trailer to ?

If you are talking about the skirted jigs, Strike King's Bitsy Bug in 1/16 oz is a decent little jig that catches plenty of fish. Keitech also has some ul sized jigs that look nice also. My prefered trailer is a NetBait Paca Chunk in the 2" size.

razgris18
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by razgris18 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 pm

mostly skirted jig heads, i have seen the keitech, but have also seen the imakatsu rv jig, thats an awsome jig,