Paddle recommendations?

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
Dolores
Angler
Angler

Paddle recommendations?

Postby Dolores » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:50 am

I was wondering if anyone could provide some ideas for a new sea paddle?

I appreciate using good paddles, but I've not yet found quite the right one for me. So far I've tried a few things:
-Werner Ikelos - a disaster for me as the blade area is far too large and reliably gives me tendonitis. I'll (probably) sell them to fund the new paddles. If you'd like them, do let me know!
-Wener Cyprus, bent shaft - my current flat blades. They work well - I like the lightness, the way the blade slices and the cranked shaft. But, I don't like the Werner coupling - it's starting to seize up and doesn't allow me to change length depending on fatigue. I find the cranks a little too close together for my shoulder width, even though the overall length feels good. I'd like to find a paddle that relegates these to being my spare set.
-Epic Mid Wings - great paddles, wonderful to use, but I don't need the different set of wings!
-Many hand-crafted Greenland sticks - intriguing, but would require too much relearning of technique for me at present

So, I guess I'm looking for something light, length adaptable, ideally cranked, that pulls and slices nicely with a sensible blade area..
Thanks in Advance...
Dolores Malone

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Paddle recommendations?

Postby Redfish » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:06 am

The best paddle I have ever used was a Bending Branches Angler Pro model. Light, extendable, but no bent shaft. Check one out.
[url=http://www.yakangler.com][img]http://www.yakangler.com/images/stories/banners/YakAngler_Sunrise.png[/img][/url]

Return to “Kayak Fishing”