Looking for first kayak. FeelFree Lure 10 any good?

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Looking for first kayak. FeelFree Lure 10 any good?

Postby nikbrewer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Looking to get a kayak. Needs to be 10' to fit in the truck. Plan on using it on creeks with barely moving water, ponds, and lakes under 50 acres. Not worried about speed, but do want it stable, as i can lose my balance pretty easily dues to heath reasons. Saw one of these local used and at 36" wide, should be stable. Most the reviews i have read are positive as well. Anyone using one?

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Looking for first kayak. FeelFree Lure 10 any good?

Postby JerryC » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:04 am

Spend the extra money and get yourself a good used hobie kayak..

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby CALL ME RIFLE » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:56 am

Jerry, you do love your Hobies lol.....and they are sweet! Steep, but sweet...I see they will be offering a newly designed mirage drive that will now have reverse for 2017, makes it a game changer in a lot of ways....and even a new camo color, instead of the boring solids, a bit too old school...got me strongly considering investing Ina new Pro Angler....but, lots of dough....many thousands...
And then of course, new pedal yaks are coming out in droves...Old Town has the new PDL Predator that looks very promising, Perception is even doing a pedal version of the Pescador Pro that is supposed to retail around 17-1800....lots of good,cost effective choices anymore...
Specifically regarding the Lure 10, they are great little boats. I had a Mokken 10 Angler I ended up selling primarily as I wasn't fond of the seat, and the Lure's hull design is quite similar...VERY stable boat. You would have to go out of your way to flip it. Of course, the trade off is that it is slow, glides poorly...you will resemble a giant Zara spook when trying to get up to speed. But, as a slow river or pond boat, it's convenience and stability make it a sound choice....and the seating is great too, vast improvement over the Mokkens...
2016 models ought to be getting clearance sold about now, might be able to pick up a new one as low as 750-800 bucks if you shop around. Good luck!

Lafayette
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Lafayette » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:54 pm

× 1

Zara spook style tracking is the perfect comparison ;)

Padle vs pedal... It s another debate. Each system has its pros and cons.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”