Kayak Wraps

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
proatheart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Kayak Wraps

Post by proatheart » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:26 am

Hey all, figured this was better board to post this topic than in watercraft.

do any of you have a wrap on your kayak? I saw a youtube video a while back of a Hobie PA with a sweet wrap on it, unfortunately they were in Australia... wondering how much it might cost to get one done similar to it, im from the great white north so places close by would be best however any information will help. not looking to get any 1 kayak in specific done because im still looking for one I like... but for arguments sake, im looking at the ocean kayak big game II, old town predator XL and or the Jackson kayak coosa HD.

im sure auto body guys could do something with it, as well as marinas? I like the carbon fibre look with some fish and a cool signature on it, maybe add some smaller print with the manufacturers of whichever yak I choose. plus some of the ones I like just because.

Heres the link to the video I saw....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHpveAoV8M

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Kayak Wraps

Post by JerryC » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:40 am

That looks awesome

proatheart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by proatheart » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:47 am

I guess you can understand why im looking to get it done for me lol

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:26 pm

This may only be possible with flat sides kayaks like that one.. the top of mine has a rough finish. Im not sure if that is something a wrap can stick too..

proatheart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by proatheart » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:14 am

I would hope that it can be wrapped... I mean cars get wrapped and boats get wrapped. I cant see why a kayak would be much different? I know around hatches it would be tricky to say the least and some spots just are not meant to be wrapped however, I would think a kayak can be wrapped. you may need to pay a little more to get someone who can actually do it right though.

Bubbleboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bubbleboy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 am

I was looking at getting my Outback wrapped. It ranged between $300 and they'll provide the printed vinyl to you or $600 installed. I can buy a lot of gear for that much money.

proatheart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by proatheart » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:16 am

its like everything, if you want it done you spend the money. if you can live without it, you put that money towards something else. I mean $600 is a little steep however it also depends on the final product. if it looks perfect and is professionally done then $600 might not be that bad. I have a few ideas as to how I would get mine to look, but again I need to buy the yak first.

Thanks for the info bubbleboy. maybe I will need that info seeing as you are so close to me. (if I decide to wrap one that is)

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:53 am

I just put a ton of decals on the front of my boat... makes me feel cool lol

Bubbleboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bubbleboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:45 am

I'm getting another quote for a full wrap, albeit I'll have to apply it myself. I'll let you know what in comes in at.

proatheart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by proatheart » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 am

thanks bubbleboy, if decide to do it I hope we get to see before and after pictures!