Bass raider vs kayak/other small vessels

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
Jaw1
Angler
Angler

Bass raider vs kayak/other small vessels

Post by Jaw1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Has anyone tried out the pelican bass raider boats? How do they compare to other small boats you have used? I have seen a few on YouTube lately that are pretty customized. I'm thinking of purchasing one to get into some smaller fishing holes my 17 ft boat can't go. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Bass raider vs kayak/other small vessels

Post by Redfish » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:14 pm

The bass raider is a nice "puddle jumper." They catch the wind very well and will blow you around pretty good. As will many of the fishing kayaks.

Jaw1
Angler
Angler

Post by Jaw1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Thanks just thinking About picking one up to play around with in ponds. Looks quick and easy as far as loading and unloading in the truck. I saw one on YouTube that looks like a heck off a fishing rig fully decked out with a trailer ram mounts anchor system depth finder the works got me to thinking

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:54 am

They are certainly good at what they do. Most of the time you can find them on CL or the 'bay pretty cheap.

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:34 am

Nucanoe makes excellent canoe/kayak hybrids... Definitely worth looking into! Super stable, decently light, comfotable to fish out of, and compatible with trolling motors and small gas engines. Priced a good amount below Hobies, as well.