Inflatable Yaks .. anyone?

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
Captain Chaos
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Inflatable Yaks .. anyone?

Post by Captain Chaos » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 am

I like my inflatable .. anyone else have one?? Still haven't figured out how to put a fish finder on it .. I have one with a suction cup transducer thing.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7389/135 ... b64bc3.jpg

Edit: trying to get photo right

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Inflatable Yaks .. anyone?

Post by legendaryyaj » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:07 am

I have the Humminbird one, don't get it. It sucks. I ordered a Ram Suction Cup to mount my transducer but it's not here yet so I can't speak on how well it holds up. I do have the suction cup mount for my Gopro and thing thing STICKS. I doubt any man could pull it off. The ram is supposed to be just as good so I'm hoping it works our for me.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:58 am

use a trawling motor mount and call it done!

Captain Chaos
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Captain Chaos » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:03 am

I'll look into the mount!

Funny story, kinda. Took out my yak for the first time this season. Another guy in a hard yak was in the middle of the lake .. dude capsizes and he was all kinds of panic'd. I haul butt over there .. get him to the shore. Go back and get his kayak and tow it to the docks. Well, I know mine is almost impossible to flip .. hard regular yaks, seems a bit easy to flip. Anyways, it was dude's first trip with his. Glad I was there to save him but he would have been fine, he had a life jacket. He just thought he was gonna die. :)

Can't wait to get out again!!

Anyphil7
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Anyphil7 » Sun May 18, 2014 11:12 pm

I don't know, are the inflatable ones worth it? I mean, it might be my only option since I don't have much money, but I want something stable.

I don't have thousands to spend, would this cheaper option be doable? http://www.saturnboats.com/saturn-kaboa ... aboat.html

Scarlett
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Scarlett » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Great video! Hope to have a Big Tuna by the end of the season. Congrats on the PB.

How long were you on the water and how many did you haul in?