Cameras On Kayaks

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
Fastfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Cameras On Kayaks

Post by Fastfish » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 pm

I've seen where some of you have mounted cameras on your yaks and I'm trying to gather ideas, I saw where 1 gentlemen I believe his name or handle was Yakass out of Australia he had 3 maybe 4 cameras on his yak.
I'm wanting to have 1 main camera out on the bow pointing back towards me, but I'm thinking of 1 mounted behind me that I could point towards either side while a fish is on the line or while landing a fish.
Sometimes while out on the yak if I'm fishing away from my wife as is so often the case it can be quite a trick to get a good pic of your catch and most of the time she doesn't need or want pictures she's got the fish cause she's a fish eater.
I'm liking the Go Pro or the newest Sony camera I think it's name is the Sony action cam I gotta learn more about the remote control features and reliability there remote control capabilities is very important as its gotta be quick and simple.
Fastfish 

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Cameras On Kayaks

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm

yeah I use gopros on yakattack panfish and panfish portait camera mounts. I have also used the Kodak playsport, which is a very nice camera at a huge value.

FishEastCarolina
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FishEastCarolina » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:59 am

I take countless mental photos with my imaginary go pro.

mcha16
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mcha16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:33 pm

thats what I need, I need a camara on my yak too, but the go pro videos on youtube just doesnt seem like how it is when you actually film it on a gopro.