Hobie price increase??

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
MiniVan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Hobie price increase??

Post by MiniVan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:12 pm

As if they weren't expensive enough, it looks like Hobie is increasing many of their prices by an astounding 20% for the upcoming year. It was hard enough selling them at $2500+ for a Pro angler 14 but now we are looking at $3250 for one with tax??? You could get a decent boat for that price??? I guess they are taking the superiority approach on their pricing now as well. I wonder if and how much this will hurt their sales?

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Hobie price increase??

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:46 am

MiniVan wrote: You could get a decent boat for that price???
yup

this def. wont help there sales.

jslager
Angler
Angler

Post by jslager » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:18 pm

I love my 2011 PA14, but I think it was pretty douchey to jack up the price that much on downgraded tackle storage(imo) and a sidegrade, maybe a slightly upgraded seat.

I would not pay the price they are asking for a new one.

JoseC
Angler
Angler

Post by JoseC » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:45 am

jslager wrote:I love my 2011 PA14, but I think it was pretty douchey to jack up the price that much on downgraded tackle storage(imo) and a sidegrade, maybe a slightly upgraded seat.

I would not pay the price they are asking for a new one.

I have used the new boats and every aspect changed is an upgrade in my opinion.

A PA is a pretty specific boat in a class of its own. The extra price increase is not going to stop me from getting one. Especially since I have paid close to the ammount of the price increase for the gts expedition seat for my revo.

mcha16
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mcha16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 pm

oh wow..
should probably buy one now then right?

MidTNKayakAngler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MidTNKayakAngler » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am

I'm kinda glad to see the price increase, because when I go to sell my Pro Angler in a few weeks it will make it that much easier.

Jeremy

kdanh
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by kdanh » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 am

MidTNKayakAngler wrote:I'm kinda glad to see the price increase, because when I go to sell my Pro Angler in a few weeks it will make it that much easier.

Jeremy
But if you are going get another PA, that will not help much. lol

Flathead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Flathead » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 am

Hobiecat is a bunch of rip off merchants, no wonder there are so many company's comming out with cheaper options ( around the $800) mark, Hobies are built and origination from my town where i live and if i walk into the shop i cant even get it $1 cheaper then if i order it online (infact they tell you to do so and will deliever it even if its just down the road)., they are just uninterested and would rather have people pay extra and just do eveything the one way (wich kinda makes sense) i will say this, there products are awesome and there service is even better, i guess thats why alot of older people buy them for exercise, they are just easy and they work. There is a huge mark up on them my mate just bought a custom one and it cost nearly $9000

GARRIGA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GARRIGA » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 am

I guess if you want and need a PA than you have one choice. Pay or not. What's needed is competition that brings comparable products and drives prices down. Assuming the price increase is wanting greater margins and not related to increased costs in materials, labor and marketing efforts.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 am

Your better off buying one that is a year or 2 older for much cheaper.. I got my 2010 outback in january of 2012 for only $1200 in perfect condition..

MidTNKayakAngler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MidTNKayakAngler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm

kdanh wrote:
MidTNKayakAngler wrote:I'm kinda glad to see the price increase, because when I go to sell my Pro Angler in a few weeks it will make it that much easier.

Jeremy
But if you are going get another PA, that will not help much. lol

Nope, not getting another, right now. They are great kayaks, but not a must have for me. I've had a Pro Angler for the past 4 years now. I'm getting a lot of interest from my 2012 Pro Angler I have for sale, but trying to sell it as a package with trailer, but it seems nobody wants the trailer. So do I sell the kayak and then hope the buyer comes back a month later and wants the trailer? Or do I wait for the right person to come along? When we bought our first Pro Anglers (2) back in 2009 we thought we don't need a trailer, then after car topping one on a full size Chevy Silverado Ext Cab Z71 which cab is about 6'5" to the roof for a month we broke down and bought the trailer. The trailer was the best decision for the Pro Angler.

Jeremy

Fastfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fastfish » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Price yes it matters but I'll always get a Hobie, I'll be getting 2 more soon.

Fastfish

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Bought mine in stock 20% off old retail last fall. Looks like a steal now.