Jackson Coosa or Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120?

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
ltcavhorn
Angler
Angler

Re: Jackson Coosa or Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120?

Post by ltcavhorn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Drew Gregory's response on Riverbassin about this Minivan Fools remarks about Jackson.

Glad we have a smart group here on River Bassin. You figure it out...You're a dealer that sells fishing kayaks, but do not carry the current #1 selling brand. What brands would you promote when going onto a forum? Which ones would you slam? Obviously, you promote the brands you sell and they choose to slam the brand they do not. I feel that reflects poorly on them to slam any brand, especially the brand they don't carry because then it looks pretty obvious as to why they are slamming it. Clearly you don't sell a lot of fishing kayaks because people don't like your product! If all he says is true then we wouldn't be the top selling brand because word of mouth and "real consumer reviews" are what matter the most, not biased reviews from a dealer, pro staff, etc. And, to top it off the number of "knock offs" of our designs or our ideas clearly show that we did something right. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say.

We, at Jackson, are not a playboat/whitewater company - we are a full kayak manufacturer from whitewater, rec/touring and of course fishing. A play boater did not design the Coosa concept. That is what I was brought in for and I've been fishing out of kayaks for over 10 years now and yes the tracking is low on a 1 to 10 scale on the Coosa, BECAUSE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE! Its a boat that is meant to be maneuverable for rivers/creeks and to be maneuverable you have to be very "loose." Anyway, the Cuda's are of course the complete opposite and track like they are on rails.

We have had only a few warranty issues ever on all of our fishing kayaks and we've sold a lot! The warranty books are open for anyone to ever come look at, we have nothing to hide because we're a hard workin family owned company that takes pride in our product and will always make it right if it is indeed a defect on our end, and sometimes even if its not our fault.

Bottom line, when you're on top, this is what happens and we fully anticipate it getting worse, especially with the new products we're bringing out for 2013 and showing off at the Outdoor Retailer show next week. I rarely have time to get on forums any more but do appreciate those that know me and/or Jackson Kayak and choose to step up and defend ridiculous comments such as these. I'll never say a bad word about our competition or dealers that don't sell our product because ACK does a lot of good things and they do sell a lot of good brands that also make good products. I wish them the best.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 am

Good response from Drew. Ive never had any problems from Jackson, I personally think people give them a bad wrap because they hate change. I think innovation is there and they make a quality product. I cant wait to get my Cuda.
stress-what happens between fishing trips

BigRick
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BigRick » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Tell you what, this "MiniVan" guy makes me want to take the business I've given ACK elsewhere. Hook1 here I come.