My Hobie w/ Mods

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: My Hobie w/ Mods

Post by JerryC » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 am

Pepi wrote:I need to look into the LED's for my yak. That looks really cool.
cool yes, but they serve a huge purpose when i am night fishing. the fact that I can light up my kayak by a simple click of a button is amazing to me and extremely helpful.
neaafishing.com
bocabearings.com
power team lures

Yak-A-Doo
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Yak-A-Doo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 am

What a great fishing kayak. Kudos for your imagination. Do you use a separate power source for the LED's or do they run off the same source as your Hummingbird? Do they draw much power? How did you install the LED's and switch if You don't mind me asking? Is there more than one transducer with your unit like there is with the Structure Scan units? If so I'd imagine it's the Down Imaging and Side Imaging ne on the rudder, correct? Is the other one mounted as a shoot thru the hull? Thanks a real lot for your answers. I'm in the same situation trying to figure out which unit to get and especially how to amount it on my Hobie Revolution 13.

Thanks Again,

Yak-A-Doo

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks! I use the same battery as my FF. I linked the cables so its now just 1 cable so its nice and neat. I installed the LEDs via the double sided tape it came with but i also added some marine goop just in case. I am using the stock stransducer which is mounted on my rudder. A friend of mine made me a custom built rudder transducer kit to hold the transducer, works great! If you have a hobie, then the way I mounted it is the best way. I wish i could put the transducer up front but it just wont work well enough for me.
Yak-A-Doo wrote:What a great fishing kayak. Kudos for your imagination. Do you use a separate power source for the LED's or do they run off the same source as your Hummingbird? Do they draw much power? How did you install the LED's and switch if You don't mind me asking? Is there more than one transducer with your unit like there is with the Structure Scan units? If so I'd imagine it's the Down Imaging and Side Imaging ne on the rudder, correct? Is the other one mounted as a shoot thru the hull? Thanks a real lot for your answers. I'm in the same situation trying to figure out which unit to get and especially how to amount it on my Hobie Revolution 13.

Thanks Again,

Yak-A-Doo
neaafishing.com
bocabearings.com
power team lures

ipoppa33
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ipoppa33 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:50 am

Nice job, really like the transducer holder! I have mine on a ram mount and it hangs along side, it works well but yours is much cooler.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 am

ipoppa33 wrote:Nice job, really like the transducer holder! I have mine on a ram mount and it hangs along side, it works well but yours is much cooler.
Thanks Stan, the only downfall of mine is that it is mounted in the back, I wish i could mount it safely in the front.
neaafishing.com
bocabearings.com
power team lures

mcha16
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mcha16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 pm

holy junk, sweet yak!

mcha16
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mcha16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm

make sure you got some pictures of it in the water :D

vsmpowered
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vsmpowered » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:01 pm

nice kayak =D>

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:22 am

Thanks fellas.. more pics to come, on the water.. been using my boat a lot lately so havent taken this bad boy out recently..

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:34 am

That’s way cool jerry, very impressive. I am tempted to go shopping for one. Only thing I would add is the Power-Pole Micro Anchor. http://video.fishingclub.com/video/Powe ... cro-Anchor

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 am

lpquick wrote:That’s way cool jerry, very impressive. I am tempted to go shopping for one. Only thing I would add is the Power-Pole Micro Anchor. http://video.fishingclub.com/video/Powe ... cro-Anchor
I will be setting this up on my hobie and my bass tracker when i get some extra $$.. def worth it!

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Very NICE =D>

tomustang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tomustang » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Nice floating office