That is some dad-burn cold water!!

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

That is some dad-burn cold water!!

Post by l2yan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Well that cold front kicked my butt!! Water was warmer than the air... and that was some cold water :shock: I fished for about half and hour or so and pretty much gave up on the fishin. My wet hands and feet were numb, and between having no feeling or reaction in my thumb and the howling wind, backlashes were inevitable. I was gonna try a spinning outfit, but I figured I wouldn't be able to cast if I can't feel anything with my index finger.

So with the water being very low on the lake and pretty clean/clearish, I figured I'd put better use to my time on the water and explore some structure and mark some low water points and such on my GPS while I had a great view of the land. Well I found a spot that just looked beautiful. It looked like it will make an amazing funnel point when the water goes back up. So I play around with my GPS while the wind pushes me into the shore. I get ready to paddle away from the rocks and paddled right over what looked like a nice bass in about 8 inches of water :shock: So I back away from the spot and toss a tube (same exact one from the other day :lol: ) to the spot I scared the bass away from and bam!
and after a few more casts...
That's all I could come up with, but it was a great excuse to use my new pvc camera mount!! :D
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

Oklahoma Kayaker
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: That is some dad-burn cold water!!

Post by Oklahoma Kayaker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:32 pm

I had the yak loaded up Friday night and stepped out Saturday morning to a cold front and 20mph wind. Turned around and went back to bed.....so my hat is off to you. Great pics.