Page 3 of 4

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:26 am
by Cal
Johnny A wrote:
JWR075 wrote:
Johnny A wrote:The new Loomis company maybe?


I thought edge was the new Loomis company.

http://www.edgerods.com


Oh, I was thinking the North Fork Composites. I didn't what was going on with them. If they had expanded to higher line rods.


North Fork Composites = blanks

Edge = rods

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:01 am
by JWR075
Cal is this breakup a rod only or is he fishing new baits too?

Cal is this your poker face 8-)?

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:23 am
by Cal
JWR075 wrote:Cal is this breakup a rod only or is he fishing new baits too?



wait for it......


yes


;)

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:23 am
by Finnz922
Aaron Martens. Gan Craft, Major Craft, or Evergreen. No basis for any of this, but I think he is staying JDM

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:49 am
by Johnny A
Cal wrote:
Johnny A wrote:
JWR075 wrote:
Johnny A wrote:The new Loomis company maybe?


I thought edge was the new Loomis company.

http://www.edgerods.com


Oh, I was thinking the North Fork Composites. I didn't what was going on with them. If they had expanded to higher line rods.


North Fork Composites = blanks

Edge = rods


Thanks Cal!

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 pm
by RISE
Finnz922 wrote:Aaron Martens. Gan Craft, Major Craft, or Evergreen. No basis for any of this, but I think he is staying JDM


I'm with you...I sure hope so...the suspense is killing me. I really didn't expect this to happen.

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:40 pm
by JWR075
Angler's Republic

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:33 am
by nickp
In reference to the comments on pro's not getting $$$ Id tell you to read iacconelli's book. He goes in depth about sponsorship and his business plan. At the time he wrote the book, his main sponsor (the biggest decal on his jersey) ran his sponsor 50-65g's and the rest were $2500-10k a piece. With that comes sponsorship duties (fishing shows, product development, commercials and advertising). So it is entirely possible to be making $150-250k a year before you pay entries etc. Let alone royalties from endorsed product (industry standards from 2-15% of msrp of every product sold). This is where kvd has made his real fortune, with bps, nOT tournament winnings.

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:40 am
by toddmc
nickp wrote:In reference to the comments on pro's not getting $$$ Id tell you to read iacconelli's book. He goes in depth about sponsorship and his business plan. At the time he wrote the book, his main sponsor (the biggest decal on his jersey) ran his sponsor 50-65g's and the rest were $2500-10k a piece. With that comes sponsorship duties (fishing shows, product development, commercials and advertising). So it is entirely possible to be making $150-250k a year before you pay entries etc. Let alone royalties from endorsed product (industry standards from 2-15% of msrp of every product sold). This is where kvd has made his real fortune, with bps, nOT tournament winnings.

Yes, a front page angler can make this much money, but most guys don't make this much and they will not survive long without cashing big checks. I thought I remembered hearing that Megabass stepped up to pay $40,000 to Aaron to be in the center of his jersey when Aaron didn't have a title sponsor a few years back. When you add up the cost of a boat/motor (most pros don't have them completely paid for each year), entry fees, and travel expenses, there is not much left for anyone other than KVD. With the exception of a limited few, the rest of the anglers need to cash checks to survive. I don't pretend to know Aaron's exact expenses, but it's no money train out there unless you win a few of the major titles.

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:30 am
by nickp
^ I agree, theres a ton of expenses, but if your a-mart cashing top 20's left and right its nice getting all that entry money back hhahaha

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:06 pm
by toddmc
nickp wrote:^ I agree, theres a ton of expenses, but if your a-mart cashing top 20's left and right its nice getting all that entry money back hhahaha

Guys like him and Andy Morgan that are consistent check cashers with an occasional angler of the year thrown in are the anglers that you can't help but respect. I hope Aaron got a huge sponsor to help the Megabass lovers heal a little quicker.

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 pm
by JWR075

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:46 am
by toddmc
JWR075 wrote:Enigma rods.

http://instagram.com/p/ydMousizWx/

Ouch! This is like leaving the prom queen for a barnyard animal. I hope Aaron succeeds and the rods fish well. This reminds me a little of what Skeet did. Skeet didn't apologize for wanting to make as much money as possible from his rod and reel deal, and neither should Aaron. This might be proof that the money in big fishing sponsors is not as big as we sometimes imagine.

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:51 pm
by Johnny A

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:46 am
by JWR075
Johnny A wrote:Aaron has been a busy boy

http://basseast.com/martens-joins-monst ... ng-tackle/


Funny, I just finished reading it on Wired 2 Fish. You can preorder them today. http://www.outdoorproshop.com/Enigma-Aa ... a-aecr.htm