New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Share your success or frustration in the competitive side of fishing.
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Post by Johnny A » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:47 am

I do NOT like the wave guides, otherwise I might check one out. I will be ordering a new Abu rod with a tournament guy's name on it. I will probably cover his name though.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:35 am

Johnny A wrote:I do NOT like the wave guides, otherwise I might check one out. I will be ordering a new Abu rod with a tournament guy's name on it. I will probably cover his name though.
Those ABU rods do not spec out badly for the cost. 36 ton blank or HSG blank, zirconium guide insets but do not care for the ACS reel seat.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:46 am

JWR075 wrote:
Johnny A wrote:I do NOT like the wave guides, otherwise I might check one out. I will be ordering a new Abu rod with a tournament guy's name on it. I will probably cover his name though.
Those ABU rods do not spec out badly for the cost. 36 ton blank or HSG blank, zirconium guide insets but do not care for the ACS reel seat.

See, I like the reel seat and the trigger! I don't like the trigger on the Veritas or the Villain. I have big fingers and the trigger just doesn't feel right.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:35 am

Johnny A wrote:
JWR075 wrote:

See, I like the reel seat and the trigger! I don't like the trigger on the Veritas or the Villain. I have big fingers and the trigger just doesn't feel right.
See the trigger on the Veritas does not bother me like the extra groove and ridge that the ACS reel seats have. But still a very nice rod for a low cost.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:02 am

just finished watching a video on the DUO Realis spybait and Aaron Martens was using it. Could this be his new bait sponsor instead of Megabass?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:53 am

I'm surprised there wasn't more talk about Cody Meyer leaving Shimano for Daiwa. I saw it mentioned in an earlier post, but this is almost as bad as Aaron not fishing Daiwa when he was sponsored by Megabass. Did anyone see any press about why Cody made the switch, other than the fact that Daiwa is much better. Easy now. I respect all of your rod and reel choices. It's just a joke. :)

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Sun May 03, 2015 4:44 am

toddmc wrote:I'm surprised there wasn't more talk about Cody Meyer leaving Shimano for Daiwa. I saw it mentioned in an earlier post, but this is almost as bad as Aaron not fishing Daiwa when he was sponsored by Megabass. Did anyone see any press about why Cody made the switch, other than the fact that Daiwa is much better. Easy now. I respect all of your rod and reel choices. It's just a joke. :)
Who fishes Megabass in USA that also fishes Daiwa, and how many of them use Shimano :lol: :lol:

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun May 03, 2015 9:55 am

I can't tell if it's just an illusion but Aaron does seem to believe in the wave guides.. Perhaps he made the switch for a reason other than the suspected reason (money). I have never used em so I have no input.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Did Brett Hite just switched to Daiwa?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:31 am

Pen3 wrote:Did Brett Hite just switched to Daiwa?
Yes, probably because of the Evergreen connection. It will be interesting to see if some of the other western Evergreen anglers make the switch.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:31 pm

toddmc wrote:
Pen3 wrote:Did Brett Hite just switched to Daiwa?
Yes, probably because of the Evergreen connection. It will be interesting to see if some of the other western Evergreen anglers make the switch.
I wonder if Daiwa will also be selling the Evergreen/Daiwa collaboration rods in the states besides lures.

Somebody loves the J-Dream..

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:27 am

That's a lot of SLP Works super-high grip knobs!