New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Share your success or frustration in the competitive side of fishing.
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Post by Cal » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:31 am

We all know and realize by now that the sport of bass fishing is all about business. At no other time during the year is this fact more obvious than now when contracts and sponsorships for the New Year are revealed. As news begins to trickle in on the new alliances, what is your biggest surprise/disappointment for these new "teams" in 2015?

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New Bass Fishing Teams/Sponsors/Contracts

Post by IAY » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:09 am

Is Aaron Martens getting sponsored by another company now? He removed his Megabass sponsorship from his and the BASS website.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Chevy leaving the FLW.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:24 pm

IAY wrote:Is Aaron Martens getting sponsored by another company now? He removed his Megabass sponsorship from his and the BASS website.
That would be a huge shock. He's been with them for awhile now. But with Shimano/Loomis/Jackall being together it isn't that far fetched to see him use their rods especially since he already uses their reels.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:06 am

Finnz922 wrote:
IAY wrote:Is Aaron Martens getting sponsored by another company now? He removed his Megabass sponsorship from his and the BASS website.
That would be a huge shock. He's been with them for awhile now. But with Shimano/Loomis/Jackall being together it isn't that far fetched to see him use their rods especially since he already uses their reels.
Martens has been with MB for 10 years +. You get a "403 Error" on the MBUSA website. Maybe he is gone. Ungrateful bastard took his special rod and hit the road! (that was a wisecrack -- no bunching of panties please!)

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:52 am

Johnny A wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:
Martens has been with MB for 10 years +. You get a "403 Error" on the MBUSA website. Maybe he is gone. Ungrateful bastard took his special rod and hit the road! (that was a wisecrack -- no bunching of panties please!)
That would be awkward seeing that there's MB rods and reels named after you.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Martin Lo wrote:
Johnny A wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:
That would be awkward seeing that there's MB rods and reels named after you.
We have a saying in this hemisphere*, "The graveyards are full of 'indespensible' people".

*Teasing with the hemisphere thing, my friend. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a hemispherist.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:25 pm

Just started the new MLF match and the name "Edwin Evers" crossed my mind.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:24 am

Finnz922 wrote:
I would definitely be surprised about that too. Tried to do some digging but couldn't find anything. Still see him on the pro staff on the JP site. Wonder what's going on hmm...

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:31 pm

i_am_R2 wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:
I would definitely be surprised about that too. Tried to do some digging but couldn't find anything. Still see him on the pro staff on the JP site. Wonder what's going on hmm...
He's on in the US MB page too. Guess it's that well known there's little rush in fixing a site error.

I mean would anyone have to guess who KVD is fishing for if his page was down? Hahahaha

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:59 pm

So I just asked Aaron point blank if he was still with MB and his reply was "stay tuned". Based on this vague answer one can assume that AM and MB are no longer together. If he were still with them why be so vague in answering this question.
Last edited by JWR075 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:19 am

Most tour pros get very little, other than product, out of their rod/reel and bait contracts and most pros realize that they are better off fishing what they like best. Aaron is a guy that will fish whatever he thinks it will take to win and probably isn't really worried about his sponsors as much as winning. He, and most pros, will fish whatever crank, worm, rod, reel, or any other product it takes. The local Phoenix boats dealer told me he even buys his boat each year. There are not sponsors everywhere throwing money at the tour pros. They must win money or they don't last long. Major endemic sponsors are what the pros really want because they keep them from having to use a lot of their own money for entry fees. Does anyone remember when Aaron was with Crown Royal? His team's purple boats were everywhere. I bet that he is willing to leave Megabass only if it is a product that he really likes, or it is too much money not to turn down and he can help them develop the product to his specs. Whatever it is, it must not be big endemic sponsor, or he wouldn't be rumored to be leaving Megabass.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:31 am

toddmc wrote:Most tour pros get very little, other than product, out of their rod/reel and bait contracts and most pros realize that they are better off fishing what they like best. Aaron is a guy that will fish whatever he thinks it will take to win and probably isn't really worried about his sponsors as much as winning. He, and most pros, will fish whatever crank, worm, rod, reel, or any other product it takes. The local Phoenix boats dealer told me he even buys his boat each year. There are not sponsors everywhere throwing money at the tour pros. They must win money or they don't last long. Major endemic sponsors are what the pros really want because they keep them from having to use a lot of their own money for entry fees. Does anyone remember when Aaron was with Crown Royal? His team's purple boats were everywhere. I bet that he is willing to leave Megabass only if it is a product that he really likes, or it is too much money not to turn down and he can help them develop the product to his specs. Whatever it is, it must not be big endemic sponsor, or he wouldn't be rumored to be leaving Megabass.
We are talking about Aaron martens. I guarantee he gets paid by any sponsor not free product.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:41 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
toddmc wrote:Most tour pros get very little, other than product, out of their rod/reel and bait contracts and most pros realize that they are better off fishing what they like best. Aaron is a guy that will fish whatever he thinks it will take to win and probably isn't really worried about his sponsors as much as winning. He, and most pros, will fish whatever crank, worm, rod, reel, or any other product it takes. The local Phoenix boats dealer told me he even buys his boat each year. There are not sponsors everywhere throwing money at the tour pros. They must win money or they don't last long. Major endemic sponsors are what the pros really want because they keep them from having to use a lot of their own money for entry fees. Does anyone remember when Aaron was with Crown Royal? His team's purple boats were everywhere. I bet that he is willing to leave Megabass only if it is a product that he really likes, or it is too much money not to turn down and he can help them develop the product to his specs. Whatever it is, it must not be big endemic sponsor, or he wouldn't be rumored to be leaving Megabass.
We are talking about Aaron martens. I guarantee he gets paid by any sponsor not free product.
You would be surprised at how little, if any, most of the pros get for some of the space on their jerseys. Even when they don't get paid, they have to spend lots of time doing seminars and working in booths.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:24 am

Read the other day Zaldain has quit Strike King and will now fish Megabass hardbaits and softbaits in addition to using MB rods.