Bass Clubs (Wisconsin)

Share your success or frustration in the competitive side of fishing.
Hyintegrity
Angler
Angler

Bass Clubs (Wisconsin)

Post by Hyintegrity » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:37 am

Hi Everyone,

I know that everyone on this board is an enthusiast or aspiring enthusiast for collecting and using bass tackle.

I am surprised that more guys aren't interested in joining a bass club to enjoy that next thrill or see where you match up with some of the best bass anglers in the state?

I can honestly say that until I joined a bass club that I was always curious of how I'd compete against some of the best anglers. The competitive aspect of the sport is a whole new world and I think with others it's just not knowing how to network with the right people to get you into that group.

Everyone can spend money on the best tackle. But it's not until you prove that you can use it to catch that limit that gains you the respect in the fishing world!

Mike
Bass Anglers LTD.
2014 WBN State Team

jigapig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Bass Clubs (Wisconsin)

Post by jigapig » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:54 pm

I want to join a bass club. I fished one anglers choice tournament out on whitewater lake and had fun. What is a good club and tournament circuit to join ?

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:31 pm

I suppose if one is into the whole competitive thing, a bass club can be the way to go. I can certainly confirm the competitiveness when I joined one many years ago.

I personally find fishing to be a sport I can enjoy as an individual (using my "enthusiast" tackle) without measuring myself against others, and certainly not an endeavor I feel compelled to gain anyone's respect for undertaking.

If the endless competition and competitive nature of it's members is something one enjoys, then by all means, join a bass club. I find the last sentence of the OP's post pretty telling and "spot on" when describing the atmosphere of a bass club (at least the one I joined).

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:00 am

I've done worse things with my time.