Major League Fishing

Share your success or frustration in the competitive side of fishing.
muskyhunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Major League Fishing

Post by muskyhunter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 am

I watched the first episode and really enoyed the format and the pro's. Really intriguing to see how the pro's do it. Only thing i hated was Iaconelli screaming big one big one...yeah, a one pounder!!!!

http://extendedcast.majorleaguefishing.com/mlf/

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Major League Fishing

Post by JWR075 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:35 am

I really like the concept of it. I can deal with Ike because after meeting him and seeing how he interacted with my 5 year old daughter I see he is a good person and who can help but to get excited getting paid to do what they love. I think that I like this concept better than taking just 5 fish and then transporting them up to 30 miles just to weigh them in front of a crowd.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:33 am

Mike Iaconelli is a very nice in person. Very affable and friendly. I think a lot of what you see on camera is for show (and actual enthusiasm).

Agree about MLF being a great format.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:23 am

USA-RET wrote:Mike Iaconelli is a very nice in person. Very affable and friendly. I think a lot of what you see on camera is for show (and actual enthusiasm).

Agree about MLF being a great format.

I am not going to lie, if I got paid to fish, I would be super excited every time I set the hook.

jigapig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jigapig » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:46 am

I love watching Iconelli. I don't care what anybody says. I also got a chance to talk with him and get an autograph. At a B.A.S.S. event last year. He is a class act. Wonderful person. And I like Major league fishing. I am going to check out the online action. Since I don't get the T.V. channel it is on. =D>

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:59 am

MLF is great.

metanium
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by metanium » Wed May 21, 2014 1:42 am

Anyone else notice how many fish were lost during the Championship Round on Ray Roberts? I thought it seemed really high, especially considering these guy's skill level. Am I wrong? It just seems I don't lose nearly that many fish on similar presentations and under similar conditions.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:09 am

It is interesting to watch as it forces them to fish like we often do recreational, just going for the most total action rather than 5 big bites.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:28 am

I really enjoy the format and loved the first show of the new season. Shame the guy isn't out on the water talking to the anglers and explaining what he thinks the fish are doing anymore though. The one downside to the format is that it is always going to be a bank beating event. Finding fish deep seems to need a bit of preparation time and that isn't available to them. Even when they've fished good smallmouth waters the actual events have ended up as bank beaters because there isn't time to find the deep fish.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:08 am

The most recent episode, Scott Suggs, Scott Ashmore, Morizo Shimizu, Paul Elias, can't recall the other two was great.