Savage Gear Ned baits (Craw, Goby, Salamander, Minnow)

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Savage Gear Ned baits (Craw, Goby, Salamander, Minnow)

Post by zalan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:14 am

Savage Gear has 4 soft baits for ned rigs, looking at the catalogues it is available in the US for a year now. Do you guys have any experience with them?
The reason I'm asking is that Savage Gear brings them over to EU as well for 2022 and thinking about trying the technique. I never fished a ned rig before and interested. These will be available for a decent price here, if I have to import something from the US, it would be a lot more expensive, so that is why I would prefer the Savage Gear ones, if they are any good.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Savage Gear Ned baits (Craw, Goby, Salamander, Minnow)

Post by Drakestar » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:35 pm

I fished their Ned craws a few times this year. The plastic is similar to Elaztech (stretchy, will melt against other plastics). They look good but I haven't gotten a bite yet (this is a fishery where other small craw Neds have yielded good results). Not sure if it's an actual problem with the baits or just my bad luck - probably the latter. But there *is* evidence that too-realistic looking craws lead to less bites (see link below, it's something I posted in a different forum), and I'm thinking that it might be a factor here. Especially with Ned rigs, the whole idea is that it's a small, unassuming, easily-snacked bait. And their craws turn that upside down by starting to look like an actual mini craw with claws instead.

https://www.barsch-alarm.de/community/a ... ng.186216/

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Savage Gear Ned baits (Craw, Goby, Salamander, Minnow)

Post by Firstoutfisher » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:13 pm

The savage gear ned baits do look interesting and they're at a good price point. Sorry I don't have any experience with them, maybe I will order a few though. The ones I really want to try are the salamander?

Funny tidbit about the realistic claws, they're so realistic it scares the fish away. :lol: