whats your favourite tube and how do you fish it?

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

whats your favourite tube and how do you fish it?

Post by leggomye990 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 pm

Whats your favourite tube and how do you fish it?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: whats your favourite tube and how do you fish it?

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:42 pm

(1)Right Bite Baits, local area guy makes them, custom color I order is like a Goby with orange flake and some pink put in the plastic mix. Great tubes because the heads aren't overly thick and they are cheap. I use the Secret Lures Stupid Tube head weedless rigged and even pitch them into cover.

Also use the SK Bitsy Tubes with any 1/8 ball head (rigged hook exposed, ball head stuffed into tube) for extra finesse situations.

Third is either size of the SK Coffee Tubes, but TX rigged because of the thicker head.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Cool, thanks. I've never really spent too much time with tubes but this summer the plan is to use everything that im not comfortable with lol gona be interesting... or annoying

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:30 am

River Rock Custom Baits tubes are the best tubes without a doubt. I fish a lot of smallmouth and I've used every tube on the market and nothing comes close to theirs. I use the 2.75" and 3.5" pro series tubes the most but if I'm T-rigging the tubes the 4" Elite Series tube is the way to go. https://river-rock-custom-baits.myshopi ... 7201039686
Barlow's Tackle

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:30 am

leggomye990 wrote:Cool, thanks. I've never really spent too much time with tubes but this summer the plan is to use everything that im not comfortable with lol gona be interesting... or annoying
I have to enjoy fishing via learning different techniques. Any friends who finished school or have parents' money have big $70,000 boats and trucks; so they hit all the good lakes at all the good times. I get to fish about 15-20 miles of local river in a flat bottom aluminum boat with the small chunk of nice tackle I have carefully saved for. To be honest though it still makes me happy and I feel best catching a big one on a new fishing style or lure I have never used.

Tubes was always a staple though, dragging them for smallmouth was one early technique I learned. You can basically use them as any other creature/plastic, be creative. I have used tubes on weedless ballheads with success and even dropshotted some smaller tubes one time for my wife. She uses a stouter MH spinning rod, I used a 3/8 dropshot weight with an EWG hook (an OMTD fat worm hook w/ extra bite) and it actually worked great for suspended fish. I had read this online somewhere, the author said to stick scented foam in tubes as another tip too, never tried that though.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:54 pm

i make my own tubes using the Angling AI 2.75" double dipper mold, they are awesome, a little fatter than the 2.5" berkely power tube. i make them using a hard formula plastisol for durability, as well as a medium for softness. and the mold is set up so you can make them with a normal head thickness and also a thick head.

i eventually want to get into hand dipping my own as well, but the mold makes it easy!