I need a better plastic

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

I need a better plastic

Post by SapperTyler » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:15 pm

I’m burnt out on buying Zoom super flukes everyday! Who knows of a soft jerk bait that is better at catching more than a fish or 2? I fish mostly ponds in eastern NC and even through the winter I am able to boat a lot of fish with just jerking any kind of “Zoom super fluke” and I’m so tired of only getting a good 6+ pounder or a couple smaller bass on one fluke. I need something that lasts a lil or a lot longer. Any one got some feed back? Maybe a ElaZtech or something of the sort?

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: I need a better plastic

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:24 pm

Mend-It???

SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Post by SapperTyler » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:30 pm

:lol:

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 pm

The Zman flukes do last longer, but they have a different action and will float some hooks. I can't think of a fluke style plastic that is more durable and cheaper then the Zoom Supers while having close to the same action.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:15 pm

SapperTyler wrote::lol:
Have you tried it?
It will save those flukes $$$$
I use it on Senkos Fat Ikas and Keitech paddle tails over and over and over 10+ fish common.

SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Post by SapperTyler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:01 pm

QuakenShake no but I looked it up and I laughed cause I never thought of even lookin for a soft plastics glue. Damn it I just ordered some of them and multiple flukes in new colors to me and a pack of some ElaZtech style flukes as well. Thanks for the info!

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm

SapperTyler wrote:QuakenShake no but I looked it up and I laughed cause I never thought of even lookin for a soft plastics glue. Damn it I just ordered some of them and multiple flukes in new colors to me and a pack of some ElaZtech style flukes as well. Thanks for the info!
Its not really a glue but a chemical that lets say "melts" the cut torn ripped section back together. You brush it on the tear hold the torn section together for a few seconds and fixed. Stays soft doesnt get hard like a regular glue or super glue.
Works very well on Zoom flukes.
If you ever do get some it doesnt work well at all on Elaztech material.
Buy it in the 1oz glass bottle close tight wrap back in the bag it comes in and back in the plastic packaging will last quite a while. The other plastic containers of the smaller sizes I have read of it drying out.

SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Post by SapperTyler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Thanks will definitely do that

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:17 pm

Bitters Naked Swimmer

Buy in the bulk bag and save.

I also gave up on zoom flukes because they tore up too easily.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:27 am

Just a thought - why not try a hard jerkbait? Especially this time of year when the water is cold. Plenty of good ones on the market but I am partial to the Megabass Vision 110 and 110+1.