Favorite hollow paddle tails

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Favorite hollow paddle tails

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:08 pm

The only ones I use are the Fish Arrow air bag shads. I'm looking for something very similar that I can source in the States, TW, etc. Every one I've tried is just a hard, stiff piece of plastic. The air bag shad is really supple and soft, yet maintains above average durability. Any ideas?

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Favorite hollow paddle tails

Post by SSS » Tue May 22, 2018 7:24 pm

If they're too stiff, simply boil them (or just the tail) for 30-60sec depending on how soft you want them.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:11 pm

SSS wrote:If they're too stiff, simply boil them (or just the tail) for 30-60sec depending on how soft you want them.
Last resort. Too much work. Plus generally speaking, if they are softer to begin with, they typically have better action / movement at slower speeds.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
SSS wrote:If they're too stiff, simply boil them (or just the tail) for 30-60sec depending on how soft you want them.
Last resort. Too much work. Plus generally speaking, if they are softer to begin with, they typically have better action / movement at slower speeds.
They do have a better action at slower speeds when boiled.